The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

£160 for Pearl Jam tickets seems to be the word on the street !! 

exclusively through Ticketmaster , guess the lawsuit has been forgiven / forgotten 

How much?!?!? 

jeez - I was expecting £80-£100 so have registered but doubt I’ll get any for that much.

Shame as I’m in London for Ty Segall the night before in Camden. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

How much?!?!? 

jeez - I was expecting £80-£100 so have registered but doubt I’ll get any for that much.

Still got my ticket from when I saw them at Edwards No8 many years ago. Think it was £6 😁

Edited by Designer1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Still got my ticket from when I saw them at Edwards No8 many years ago. Think it was £6 😁

I’ve got a bunch of old tickets up in the loft somewhere. 

I know I’ve got a Foo Fighters ticket for £7 at Leeds Cockpit for Dave Grohls first tour, post-Nirvana 

definitely a good handful of tickets from Eddies too! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

How much?!?!? 

That’s what people said on their forum where they’ve already bought pre-sale tickets 

they might be gold circle etc so there is still a small chance  general tickets will be cheaper , but Springsteen £130 ,  Green Day £123 and rumour is £145 for AC/DC … seems to suggest the days of £80 to £100 have long gone ☹️

Edited by tonyh29
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That’s what people said on their forum where they’ve already bought pre-sale tickets 

they might be gold circle etc so there is still a small chance  general tickets will be cheaper , but Springsteen £130 ,  Green Day £123 and rumour is £145 for AC/DC … seems to suggest the days of £80 to £100 have long gone ☹️

the way i see it is that due to spotify i no longer have to spend money on CDs. also, for the same reason, bands aren't making as much money anymore so i'm willing to pay it

for context, i could've gotten a ticket for the rugby on saturday. £145 for a category 2 ticket. and a gig lasts longer than 80 mins.

bizarrely festival day tickets still seem reasonable. £115 for a day ticket for liam and catfish & the bottlemen at reading (plus a load of other bands, even if most are crap) is actually decent value compared to solo gig prices these days

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

the way i see it is that due to spotify i no longer have to spend money on CDs. also, for the same reason, bands aren't making as much money anymore so i'm willing to pay it

for context, i could've gotten a ticket for the rugby on saturday. £145 for a category 2 ticket. and a gig lasts longer than 80 mins.

bizarrely festival day tickets still seem reasonable. £115 for a day ticket for liam and catfish & the bottlemen at reading (plus a load of other bands, even if most are crap) is actually decent value compared to solo gig prices these days

Yeah , the rest of the lineup is shit but PJ in Madrid or Lisbon at a festival where they will still play a 2 + hour set and you can see dozens of other acts for around €100 is much better value 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah , the rest of the lineup is shit but PJ in Madrid or Lisbon at a festival where they will still play a 2 + hour set and you can see dozens of other acts for around €100 is much better value 

i wonder whether brexit has impacted things in terms of costs of playing here (venues, promotors, bus hire etc). i'm seeing bands who have a big UK followings do full european tours and not include any UK dates pretty frequently now. there must be a reason gig prices are materially more expensive here.

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i wonder whether brexit has impacted things in terms of costs of playing here (venues, promotors, bus hire etc). i'm seeing bands who have a big UK followings do full european tours and not include any UK dates pretty frequently now. there must be a reason gig prices are materially more expensive here.

The tickets for Berlin are €160 according to those that got some .. so slightly cheaper but not significant in that regard 

I think ticketmaster and the artists  are just greedy **** 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

How much?!?!? 

Looking at this seat map from a fan club member , it might be £160 for gold circle standing area , hopefully the general Admission will be cheaper  ..lets just hope its around £60 cheaper !! 

yogkuodoyixh.webp

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

A reminder if you want to see Eddie Vedder gargling pebbles, you have to pre register with Ticketmaster, you can't just log on and try to buy tickets. 

On 13/02/2024 at 22:09, tomav84 said:

The bands being discussed here are in a position to afford the extra paperwork and expense of touring on a carnet. They can also better absorb losing a day's rig to customs officials actually checking that carnet. 

Stepping down from these stadium acts things change.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

The bands being discussed here are in a position to afford the extra paperwork and expense of touring on a carnet. They can also better absorb losing a day's rig to customs officials actually checking that carnet. 

Stepping down from these stadium acts things change.

Yep, its exactly as the industry predicted prior to the referendum.

• Sad 2

Idles in Kingston last night , small intimate gig , lots of moshing , had the lead guitarist on my head at one point as he crowd surfed 

gig was so good I’ll even ignore his political rant near the end 

few years ago (2018 IIRC) PJ were £160 for the back row of the 02 so I checked out the continent and Rome was loads cheaper so we went to the Stadio Olympico instead. One of the best ideas MrsVM has ever had IMO. Best stadium gig I've been to.

On 13/02/2024 at 20:19, Designer1 said:

Saw them in FInsbury Park in 1992. They were crap. The only notable bit was when they dedicated Even Flow to one of the girls from L7 whose period was late. Nice.

On 02/02/2024 at 09:41, JoshVilla said:

So tempted to get a day ticket for the Friday at Arctangent. 

Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders, Plini, 3 Trapped Tigers, Delta Sleep. And it's only 60-odd quid....

Farewell show for TTT as well so last chance to catch 'em.

Absolutely do not sleep on Komfortrauschen if you go for the Friday, I'm flying out to Berlin next week just to see 'em (as I might be missing ATG this year). Friday has also got Maruja, Blackshape and Shy, Low who are all  ace.

Â