The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Got through the Ticketmaster Pearl Jam ballot so could’ve bought tickets today.

however, the £160 a ticket price put me right off (that and the only support slot going to Richard Ashcroft!) 

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Got through the Ticketmaster Pearl Jam ballot so could’ve bought tickets today.

however, the £160 a ticket price put me right off (that and the only support slot going to Richard Ashcroft!) 

those £160 tickets are now selling for £250 on Ticketmaster for people without the code 

I got in this morning but couldn't bring myself to buy a ticket , basically would have been going on my own as everyone else said " How **** much" 

I've seen them twice , don't need a third time that much 

What's interesting is the bloke that leaked all the world tour dates on the web couple of months ago( and was pretty much 99% correct ) had PJ for the 28th in London as well ... I think the £160 has killed demand and they wont add the second date now  

PS - aren't Murder Capital also supporting them along with Ashcroft ? 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

on a different end of the scale , I'm seeing Cast on Monday in Kingston .. £10 plus a copy of their new album   , That's  90 min gigs by Shed 7 , Idles and Cast for £50 total including the new album by each artist 

take note PJ , Bruce etc 

• Like 2

Just the twenty quid to see Novelists supported by The Word Alice and a couple of other bands tonight. About £25 to see Polaris in a few weeks. It pays to like bands nobody has heard of:D

Every time I go and see some massive band charging 6, 7, 8 times as much, I leave regretting it. Can understand it for some people who have bucket list bands and so on, but not worth it for me at all.

I've been gifted hospitality tickets for Tenacious D, and I'm sure it'll be a great couple of hours, but I weep thinking how much that must have cost

Edited by Davkaus

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

those £160 tickets are now selling for £250 on Ticketmaster for people without the code 

I got in this morning but couldn't bring myself to buy a ticket , basically would have been going on my own as everyone else said " How **** much" 

I've seen them twice , don't need a third time that much 

What's interesting is the bloke that leaked all the world tour dates on the web couple of months ago( and was pretty much 99% correct ) had PJ for the 28th in London as well ... I think the £160 has killed demand and they wont add the second date now  

PS - aren't Murder Capital also supporting them along with Ashcroft ? 

Nope Murder Capital are the Manchester support

its not as if they’ve grabbed a load of their old buddies from Seattle and made a day of it.

for £90 more I’ve got a ticket to End of the Road festival - four days of excellent stuff! 

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

for £90 more I’ve got a ticket to End of the Road festival - four days of excellent stuff! 

Idles are the only band I've heard of on that list ..

tbf there could be a few more but  the poster is like an opticians eye chart and I cant read anything after line 10 :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Idles are the only band I've heard of on that list ..

tbf there could be a few more but  the poster is like an opticians eye chart and I cant read anything after line 10 :) 

Off the top of my head, Baxter Dury, Sprints, Gruff Rhys, Ty Segall and Big Special are at the top of list to see.

some really good younger bands on the bill too like Militaire Gun, Gurriers and Hot Wax. 

best of it is, it’s only 15,000 capacity so not stupidly big and busy and set in lovely woodland grounds

So a good friend of mine who 24 years ago was part of a group of us friends that attended our first PJ gig together has got me and MrsVM a ticket. So 320 quid plus accomodation. He was really excited but didn't believe me about them being 160 quid a pop. I feel a bit dirty but how can I say no to my 50year old mate all excited about something that isn't Indoor Bowls.

I had running commentary on the whole process though, and as I kept reminding him throughout, this sort of thing is not for me. Register, pre-register, pre-order the album etc. All I was after was a ticket to a gig mate. For the record he did all those things and still got told to f off. His missus came through with the tickets in the end. I wouldn't have bothered myself.

Nothing screams world tour more than some insurance firm rinsing people dry :(

On the music side of it, because they play different sets each gig and because it's my third PJ gig the list of favourite songs I've seen them play is quite long but I'm really hoping to get Blood, Leash and/or Whipping which I've not seen them do.

• Like 2

No idea why but just got tickets to see the libertines at Pryzm in Kingston , basically it was sold out in about 30 seconds and I happened to be browsing the site when rickets went live and knew a couple of my mates would want to go so get myself one  as well 

£18 plus a copy of their new album 

it’s becoming my favourite venue at these prices and close proximity to the bands 

• Like 2

On 24/02/2024 at 06:44, VILLAMARV said:

So a good friend of mine who 24 years ago was part of a group of us friends that attended our first PJ gig together has got me and MrsVM a ticket. So 320 quid plus accomodation. He was really excited but didn't believe me about them being 160 quid a pop. I feel a bit dirty but how can I say no to my 50year old mate all excited about something that isn't Indoor Bowls.

I had running commentary on the whole process though, and as I kept reminding him throughout, this sort of thing is not for me. Register, pre-register, pre-order the album etc. All I was after was a ticket to a gig mate. For the record he did all those things and still got told to f off. His missus came through with the tickets in the end. I wouldn't have bothered myself.

Nothing screams world tour more than some insurance firm rinsing people dry :(

On the music side of it, because they play different sets each gig and because it's my third PJ gig the list of favourite songs I've seen them play is quite long but I'm really hoping to get Blood, Leash and/or Whipping which I've not seen them do.

I got Rocking  in the free world with Jonny Marr and John  McEnroe on guitars last time I saw them 

loads of tickets left for spurs stadium , they definitely over priced the gig 

• Like 1

There's a gig on in my local on Saturday, and the support band is called The Misfits. After checking it definitely wasn't actually Glenn Danzig, I now feel I should turn up to let them know they should change their name. I get that some bands will end up using the same name, but your really shouldn't use the name of a well known band. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

There's a gig on in my local on Saturday, and the support band is called The Misfits. After checking it definitely wasn't actually Glenn Danzig, I now feel I should turn up to let them know they should change their name. I get that some bands will end up using the same name, but your really shouldn't use the name of a well known band. 

Weirdly there was a sixties band from the north east called The Misfits. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After @bickster  comments and with low expectations ,Echo and the Bunnymen last night.

well it was definitely interesting , McCulloch was clearly wasted and an attempts to interact with the audience resulted in not understanding more than about 1 word in 4 , but when he sang it was fine , no problem with the lyrics and he sounded ok , the band did everything justice music wise 

a 20 min interval after a 40 min set  and set 2 was about 40 mins with the cutter and killing moon crowd favourites .. the encore included an epic rant mid song about Ray Winston being a clearing in the woods which lead into a further rant about paedophillia  being the worse thing on the planet , all slightly bemusing 

on the whole it wasn’t terrible , but certainly not the best gig I’ve ever been to , but I don’t think anyone left unhappy 

Edited by tonyh29
Removed made up word

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

but when he sang it was fine , no problem with the lyrics and he sounded ok

There’s a woman backstage that sings the bits he can’t, his volume is turned down half the time. It’s very sad

Might actually be a death pool candidate soon

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Might actually be a death pool candidate soon

That was my first thought sadly 

Â