The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I've got Tenacious D tickets at the weekend, first time ever going to hospitality for a gig which will feel a bit weird, not something I'd ever have bought myself but it was a gift, I think I'll be looking enviously at the floor at times but should be good fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Warm up act Dave Hill - My wife summed it up best - "I would have had a much better evening had we got a flat tyre, turned up late and missed that bit". 

I've no idea what's in his current set but I can't help but love him. A total oddball. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've got Tenacious D tickets at the weekend, first time ever going to hospitality for a gig which will feel a bit weird, not something I'd ever have bought myself but it was a gift, I think I'll be looking enviously at the floor at times but should be good fun

Seen them several times, always a blast. My wife & I still regularly watch the HBO episodes where they made their name. Hilarious stuff

On 29/04/2024 at 22:30, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Here’s what is on my plate 

Robyn Hitchcock May 16 Sacramento, CA

Peter Rowan June 1 Napa, CA

Elvis Costello/Darryl Hall June 12 Lincoln, CA

Drive-by Truckers June 28 & 29 San Francisco, CA

Dave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore July 17 Chico, CA

Alejandro Escovedo July 19 Chico, CA

Neil Young & Crazy Horse July 25 Bend, OR

Bob Dylan/Willie Nelson/John Mellencamp August 4 Wheatland, CA

Los Lobos August 9 Sacramento, CA

Add Drive-By Truckers October 26 & 27 Minneapolis, MN

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Warm up act Dave Hill - My wife summed it up best - "I would have had a much better evening had we got a flat tyre, turned up late and missed that bit". 

We got a prog metal band called Crusade. Really good

Driving back to Birmingham tomorrow for the Big Special gig at XOYO in Digbeth (a venue I’ve not been to before)

Really looking forward to seeing BS and them showcasing their album released the following day.

Caught them last year supporting John in Exeter and they were phenomenal. 

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In this context is hospitality some sort of VIP thing? 

Holy shit! Big Special are genuinely the bollocks live.

if you get chance, go see them!!! (Album out tomorrow!)

I’ll be seeing them headlining The Folly stage at End of The Road in August for sure! 

Got this 'un in London tonight, but thanks to overtime strikes I'll probably be missing about 30 minutes of the main act. 😭

long-distance-calling_20242.jpg

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Got this 'un in London tonight, but thanks to overtime strikes I'll probably be missing about 30 minutes of the main act. 😭

long-distance-calling_20242.jpg

Whelp, looks like I monkey-pawed myself here. Got to see the entirety of LDC's (absolute banger) set, because Leech (who I was kinda more excited to see) apparently got into a car crash on the way (they're all fine and their equipment also survived) so had to cancel the rest of the tour.

Feck.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 12:25, mrbojangles said:

I was hoping we'd get the band instead, but we got this bloke as well. Got a couple of laughs early on, but it was a half an hour set that had less than 5 minutes of material in it, I'd rather have been punched in the dick.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Just spotted Courtney Barnett at the arts club in Liverpool on June 19th, best be some left on payday

I failed to get any for Band on the Wall, in Manchester. I'm not that miffed, I'm guessing that she's doing these smaller venues because it'll be the instrumental album (the last one), mostly. I like it, but it's kind of not really a full gig kind of thing.

46 minutes ago, blandy said:

I failed to get any for Band on the Wall, in Manchester. I'm not that miffed, I'm guessing that she's doing these smaller venues because it'll be the instrumental album (the last one), mostly. I like it, but it's kind of not really a full gig kind of thing.

I'm really not convinced she's touring that album, i think they're killing time dates between big gigs like supporting Foo Fighters. I think theres still Liverpool tickets left

I asked the fates for a distraction from that game tonight.  They have delivered.  BIG.  The end of this year is going to feckin' bankrupt me. 🤘😭🤘

the blood brothers 2024 tour admat

Edited by GarethRDR

Â