The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

You're Next - a pretty good shlock horror, home invasion flick with an 80s feel, right down to the carpenteresque synth music!

Great if you want plenty of hacking, stabbing and chopping!!!

Also, has the coolest death scene I've seen in ages!!!

• Like 1

snowpiercer, really good, im another who saw a version with no subtitles which spoilt bits of it, apparently its something to do with weinstein wanting it all cut for a dumbed down yank audience and the director refusing, which is also part of the reason why its like rocking horse shit

planet on the apes, brillaint, the cgi is stunning, IMO it didnt have the huge blockbuster feel to it and is better for it, i think they'll squeeze one more out of it but then im not sure where they go, also thought the amount of subtitles in it was pretty brave but didnt detract from it

• Like 1

Firefox (1982)  I can remember when this film was released a lot of film critics saying they thought this was one of the worst films Eastwood had been involved in.After watching it, i have to agree with them. Just could not get into it like i do with most Eastwood films i watch Dissappointing for me 6/10

Zero Theorem.

Not sure where to start with this, its definitely a film that is not greater than the sum of its parts.

Theres some good performances in there, Waltz is very good as always, The girl who plays Bainsley is good and nice looking to boot. I love the direction and the world the characters exist in is interesting but it all comes together as a bit meh, the story doesn't really go anywhere and at an hour and 40 odd minutes long I actually thought it should have been longer. Has a touch of "The Double" about it for anyone that has seen that film.

Basically imdb score it as 6.5 which sums it up perfectly, some nice ideas and performances but it doesn't really go anywhere with them.

I know I'm like ten years late to this but I finally got around to watching Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 and thought it was brilliant!

Amazing action, dialogue, soundtrack and trademark Tarantino direction and style.

Can't believe I took this long to get around to it.

• Like 1

These are the films what I has watched on boats and planes and buses and that over the last 2 weeks and a brief review of each

Hunger Games 2 - meh. 5/10

Need for Speed - like a VillaAjax wet dream, even if he doesn't know who Aaron Paul is. Basically an advert for Ford Mustang, and not a good one. Garbage - 3/10

Grand Budapest Hotel - it was alright. I expected better - 7/10

End of Watch - seen it before but its awesome - 8/10

Silver Linings Playbook - love it - 7/10

The Lego Movie - unexpectedly amazing - 9/10

Best in Show - funny - 6/10

The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug - filler. First one was better, the next one will be better - 6/10

Edited by Stevo985

Firefox (1982)  I can remember when this film was released a lot of film critics saying they thought this was one of the worst films Eastwood had been involved in.After watching it, i have to agree with them. Just could not get into it like i do with most Eastwood films i watch Dissappointing for me 6/10

You should have watched Foxfire instead. Angelina gets her boobies out in it.

I know I'm like ten years late to this but I finally got around to watching Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 and thought it was brilliant!

Amazing action, dialogue, soundtrack and trademark Tarantino direction and style.

Can't believe I took this long to get around to it.

Amazing film(s)  :)

• Like 1

Â