The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Prisoners - Huh. Too long, too many contrivances and by the third act I was beginning to switch off, ( due to being too long ) but still not too bad, just never got reached a particularly thrilling or gripping moment. 

Finally got round to watching The Guard last night.

Absolutely brilliant. Gleeson was fantastic as he always is, but the rest of the cast were just as funny. Special mentions go to Liam Cunningham and Mark Strong, they had a really good chemistry. Don Cheadle did a good job playing the straight man too. I was really surprised to see him in it and even more so when I found out he was a producer on it. I bet that's an interesting story to how that happened.

The bit in the car with Disneyland and Goofy cracked me up. Loved it. I'll definitely have to keep a look out for Calvary and give it a watch.

• Like 1

Calvary is a serious film though, isn't it? Can't really compare them. As for the ending of The Guard, I thought it was good enough. The entire film was silly so if the ending wasn't resolved in a somewhat silly and more than likely slightly unrealistic way then it wouldn't have matched the tone of the film. Basically you wanted him to just get shot to shit and for the drug dealers to get away, didn't you CED?

The Guard is great but the ending lets it down a little.

"I bet you haven't had this much fun since you shot up all those kids at Waco"

The guard is laugh out loud funnier but in Bruges is a slightly better film IMO both are brilliant though, the only one I'd add is four lions, maybe the thick of it but I imagine that's not to everyone's taste, all brilliant comedies

Still haven't got round to watching cavalry

Bridesmaids.. It's ok, couple if funny parts but it's no hangover. Probably come across really sexist, but women comedians are just not as good as their male counterparts.

Chris O Dowd played his role pretty well..

Â