The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

fans will be happy marvel have announced 5 new films...

well i say announced, they confirmed the dates but not actually said what they are, they already have ant man, avengers 2 and captain america 3, assume thor 3, dr strange, avengers 3 will be 3 of them

i've also seen some early reviews for guardians of the galaxy, a couple of them liken it to firefly / serenity, most of them say its right up there with the best comic films

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/UVOpfpYijHA

Quite like the look of this. Not the most original of concepts, but I always like my Sci-Fi with a more minimalist, grimy look and feel.

Also has the bonus of Noah Taylor who is just fantastic in everything.

Not sure if Lucy has been mentioned but it looks rather good and seems a nod and a wink to Oldboy (Choi Min-sik, also has a role)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt32qoyhi0

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

the ape film out at the minute. Not bad at all. A fine accompaniment to the Rise film really. 

however

the ending of the film, whilst narratively fine, does indicate any third film is going to be depressingly predictable: ie war war war war, fighty fighty war, not sure how they make a third film interesting really. They already explored Caesar's awareness of ape/human similarities and tendencies, and have no established that any attempt at peace hereon is just going to be a copy of the second film. Can't see the point really. 

Also, Gary Oldman was underused. 

agree on both points, shame really, i cant see them getting more than 1 more film out of it

2nd point - 

it ended up as koba as the main antagonist, thought early doors it was going the way of having one on either side, with carver as a pretty poor / lazt written character, they should have taken carver out and somehow built oldman up more

@D1

Have you managed to watch The Raid 2 yet?

Can't remember if you commented on it in this thread.

Yes mate - I thought it was as outstanding as the first one. Simply two of the best action movies ever made imo.

• Like 1

Ong bak is another amazing action film that is better then the raid (not much in it though). Raid 2 is on another level. Id compare it more to the departed then your traditional action movie despite the incredible fight scenes.

• Like 1

Â