The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

22 jump street

Absolutely brilliant, properly hilarious in parts, maybe over play the partner gags but other than that it's probably the funniest film I've seen this year

Did have a problem with cineworld in Brum though, made everyone have designated seats, it was maybe a third full at best, my missus will always sit in the seat she's given and refuse to move, pointless

22 jump street

Absolutely brilliant, properly hilarious in parts, maybe over play the partner gags but other than that it's probably the funniest film I've seen this year

Did have a problem with cineworld in Brum though, made everyone have designated seats, it was maybe a third full at best, my missus will always sit in the seat she's given and refuse to move, pointless

DHUTWU

Witness for the Prosecution - 10 out of 10. ATG movie. ATG acting performance. The twist at the end was just....wow!! Dare i say it but better then 12 angry men (which is also a 10 out of 10).

Sin City - 8 out of 10. - loved it. Cant wait for the sequel.

Django Unchained - 6.5 out of 10. Decent enough but still a disappointment tbh. Dragged on way to long. Not a patch on inglorious bastards.

Edited by donnie

I've been trying to watch "Her", but every 5 minutes I ask myself why am I watching this crap?

Does the movie get good? Seems too contrived and "cute"...

Denzel being a badass - got to be worth a watch

Somehow I missed the fact that they filmed this in Boston. Looks decent enough. 

I heard an interesting interview with Denzel in which he said of all the characters he's played, the one he's most like is Alonzo from Training Day  :blink:

Also his biggest regret professionally was that he turned down the title role of Michael Clayton because it was the director's first film. 

Looking forward to 22 Jump Street - watched the first one again last night and it's still very funny on a second viewing.

I tried, I really tried, but it was just too stupid  :P

The Raid: what a fantastic action film. Great, violent entertainment.

If you like the first one i would say the second one is about 50% better!

Shouldn't be too long before the bluray is out.

I've been trying to watch "Her", but every 5 minutes I ask myself why am I watching this crap?

Depends what you like in a film, i thought it was brilliant personally, if you dont like it after 10-15 minutes i would say its not for you.

I heard an interesting interview with Denzel in which he said of all the characters he's played, the one he's most like is Alonzo from Training Day  :blink:

Also his biggest regret professionally was that he turned down the title role of Michael Clayton because it was the director's first film.

Is this not just Man on Fire but starts in a supermarket

I love Denzel, I think he's a superb actor and I'm sure he's a likeable guy - hell, even Alonzo was likeable despite being an asshole - but one thing that has always bothered me about him is the deal he has with not being romantic in front of the camera with white women. Latinas are fine, but apparently he refuses to be romantic with white women on film because he thinks there'll be a huge backlash from his black female fans.

Edit - Just did some more research into this, and people who've seen Flight can certainly back it up I suppose, but apparently he kisses a white woman in that movie. He's apparently gone on to say in later interviews that the reason he didn't do it before wasn't so he wouldn't upset his black female fans, but because he thought white male fans wouldn't like it. 

He probably has a point to some extent, unfortunately. What a shame that he feels that way and that there are clearly still so many issues regarding racism. It's 2014 ffs.

Edited by Ginko

Ditto

Watched it on a plane and gave up , just had nothing going for it really

Â