The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Went with the family to see The Wind Rises. Brilliant film.

We were the ONLY people in the cinema.

Wouldn't have had you down as a Ghibli fan Mike.

It's on my list so glad you enjoyed it.

My favourite Ghibli film is Whisper of the Heart, I thought that was really great not an outright fantasy but has fantasy elements which have a big impact against the everyday backdrop of the rest of the film.

I've only seen two other of their films though Grave of Fireflies and Spirited Away. Much prefer that kind of animation to all the CGI type stuff that Disney and other studios do these days.

My favourite Ghibli film is Whisper of the Heart, I thought that was really great not an outright fantasy but has fantasy elements which have a big impact against the everyday backdrop of the rest of the film.

I've only seen two other of their films though Grave of Fireflies and Spirited Away. Much prefer that kind of animation to all the CGI type stuff that Disney and other studios do these days.

I think I like Porco Ross best, to which there is going to be a sequel! Can't think of any other Ghibli films that have had a sequel...?

• Like 1

Watched top gun for the first time in about 10 yrs.. Still know virtually every word (seems like I saw it every Christmas growing up). I know some people call it a gay or homoerotic film, but I still think its ace.

• Like 1

Watched top gun for the first time in about 10 yrs.. Still know virtually every word (seems like I saw it every Christmas growing up). I know some people call it a gay or homoerotic film, but I still think its ace.

top-gun-meme-generator-thats-right-icema

• Like 1

Unbreakable  (2000) Watched this last night and thought it was pretty good .Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson were both brilliant in it .One of the few films i have watched where Willis does not play the tough guy .Would give it a 7/10

Unbreakable  (2000) Watched this last night and thought it was pretty good .Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson were both brilliant in it .One of the few films i have watched where Willis does not play the tough guy .Would give it a 7/10

Erm, he was unbreakable, it don't get much tougher than that.

• Like 2

Â