The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Tron-Legacy-Sequel.jpg

Watch on a big Tv   with the volume turn way up & enjoy    7/10 

what is it?

It's the classic movie "Shiny Ringy Grabby Grabby II: This time whilst a lady holds on to him putting him off a bit"

Just watched Under the Skin....    hmmm... pretty strange film and whilst it had me intrigued, I felt throughout the film I really didn't have a clue what was going on, and even when the film ended, I still had tons of questions. However, since then researching the film and realising it's originally a book, a lot of the questions I had have been answered online and the film is decent and suddenly makes sense. It could have tried to explain things a bit better, if you don't know what it's about beforehand it's a bit of a mindfuck.

7/10 from me! 

Oh and yesterday I watched Bad Neighbours or Neighbours... the newish film with Seth Rogan. Typical Seth Rogan film, hilarious but incredibly dumb. But I quite like that. 7/10.

Edited by PieFacE

My favourite part of Edge Of Tomorrow was the reliving of the shot of Emily Blunt stretching three times.

Actually I did really enjoy it, thought it was a brilliant film.  Goes to show it doesn't matter if films are going over well-trodden ground as long as they're well-executed. Cruise should definitely play the goofball-type protagonist more often, as well.

Watched Assault On Precinct 13 for the first time last week.  Another film I'd always meant to watch but hadn't gotten round to, which actually worked out quite well as it meant I had no idea about the

ice-cream truck scene

which totally blew me away.

Also, John Carpenter needs to write a synthwave album.  I would totally buy that shit.

Edited by GarethRDR

I've got a load of the Carpenter soundtrack music on various CD's and vinyl (including the original Escape from New York vinyl I bought when I was 13) always loved his stuff.

• Like 1

FFS they are remaking Predator

Will Hollywood ever learn stop trying to cash in on legendary movies 

Predators was bad enough with Adrian Brody running round with a gun two times his size ffs

Dont even get me started on AVP

Hawkins is directing it!

hawkins3.jpg

Billy! The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend, I said to her, "Jeez you got a big pussy. Jeez you got a big pussy." She said, "Why did you say that twice?" I said, "I didn't."  See, cuz of the echo!

How did this bloke manage to get into the Army let alone an elite special forces unit anyway. It was hard enough for someone with 20/20 vision to spot a predator in stealth let alone the visually impaired

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Ordered Street Fighter: The Movie on Blu-ray B)  the film about Chun-Li was on sale for £2.66 so I ordered that too... never seen it so I'm hoping it's worth the price I paid at least.

Also ordered The Cars That Ate Paris, never seen it either. Has anyone else seen it? I'm going to guess the Australian VTers are my only hope on that one.

I gone and watched some films over the last couple of months and years.

If you close your eyes and pretend they all happend at the same time, it's absolutely baffling.

Serious, there's no cohesion in the story, the same actors are in it multiple times and then so much blood and banging going on.. it's crazy.

All in all though 9.5/10 - would definiely imagine again.

Ordered Street Fighter: The Movie on Blu-ray B)  the film about Chun-Li was on sale for £2.66 so I ordered that too... never seen it so I'm hoping it's worth the price I paid at least.

Of_Course!.gif

• Like 1

I gone and watched some films over the last couple of months and years.

If you close your eyes and pretend they all happend at the same time, it's absolutely baffling.

Serious, there's no cohesion in the story, the same actors are in it multiple times and then so much blood and banging going on.. it's crazy.

All in all though 9.5/10 - would definiely imagine again.

In the world of Terminator canon, Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't exist.  Imagine a world without Arnie.

Is "12 Years a Slave" good, or is it heavy handed Oscar bait?

its good, there are some arty farty shots of trees and bayous but the main thing is the quality of the performances, if it wasnt for dallas buyers club they'd have won best actor and supporting actor, and the girl won best supporting actress 

Â