The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I liked Place Beyond the Pines until the 3rd act. I know what they were doing, but I dunno, just didn't work for me, possibly didn't take to the actors in that section I suppose. 

This morning decided to face the fact I was hungover and couldn't sleep by getting on the painkillers and juice and having a film double bill.

The Descendants - 6.5/10 solid enough and Clooney is always watchable, with some funny / sad moments in it, decent supporting cast in it, but lacked some extra oomph to it. The side story was pretty incidental and the main one felt a bit under developed really, but still a decent film. 

Moneyball - 7/10 - enjoyed it. Sports, drama, statistics - I feel like I was a party to a Con wet dream but seriously it did the job effectively, Pitt and Hill led the way well enough. Would have liked to have seen a bit more Seymour Hoffman, his role just disappears as the film goes on which is a shame, but maybe they didn't want to add too much artistic license? Who knows. 

Edited by Rodders

place beyond the pines.............6/10    ryan gosling turning out to be a one trick pony 

His influences are ....vince vaughn & keanu reeves

Seen Half Nelson? Lars and the real girl? Drive? 

Ryan is a pretty good actor to be fair. 

• Like 1

place beyond the pines.............6/10    ryan gosling turning out to be a one trick pony 

His influences are ....vince vaughn & keanu reeves

yes seen them 

Having looked up who he is, Brick was awesome, Looper was interesting, and amongst the Breaking Bad episodes he directed are one of my favourites - Fly :D

I loved Fly! What about the one where Jesse has the most boring party ever and it's all like ooohhhh look how much fun everyone is having, and how much fun Jesse isn't having. Yeah whatevz bored now.

place beyond the pines.............6/10 ryan gosling turning out to be a one trick pony

His influences are ....vince vaughn & keanu reeves

agreed. He's a very good actor, in fact.

place beyond the pines.............6/10 ryan gosling turning out to be a one trick pony

He always makes me cry in The Notebook. No matter how many times I watch it.

He always makes me cry in The Notebook. No matter how many times I watch it.

The believer, notebook, half nelson, lars and the real girl he was very good in. i didn't rate his performance in drive. Since he had that break for a couple of years after walking out on the film the lovely bones, he hasn't been the same to me. I thought he was going to be much better than he is based on his earlier work... A bit like Ed Norton really.

• Like 1

Just watched Shooter. I always forget how good that movie is. A good Saturday night action flick that doesn't try too hard and is just easy to watch. It helps if you have a man crush on Mark Wahlberg though  :wub:

Just watched Shooter. I always forget how good that movie is. A good Saturday night action flick that doesn't try too hard and is just easy to watch. It helps if you have a man crush on Mark Wahlberg though  :wub:

It's a good movie plus like you, i do like Wahlberg in most of is films...although he is no Matt Damon though  :wub:

Â