The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Sacrament this weekend.

Another very good Ti West film.

Trim some of the fat off his back catalogue and he's made some great horrors.

The House of the Devil and Innkeepers being two more.

He's great at building suspense and atmosphere and The Innkeepers is a prime example of less = more filmmaking.

• Like 1

Just about to watch this again... :thumb:

ild-poster.jpg

I had a look at the films available on my flight on Saturday. This was the first one that caught my eye

bad boys yes ......bad boys 2 no

Agreed.

Bad Boys and Pain and Gain are his best efforts. And that's saying something.

unless you're a teenage girl you're not meant to get the hype are you?

its ok, robs from here there and everywhere, not watched the others yet, i think we have actually had the discussion on here about what it pretty unfairly gets compared to, twilight being the obvious one, and its in a different league IMO

Watched 'Her' last night.

Apex-hipster Joaquin Phoenix and his hipster friends re-enact a series of photoshoots from an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue against the backdrop of Stevejobstopia and conversations about feelings.  Joaquin abstains from proper sex with inexplicably attractive (and occasionally mute) women in favour of being a bit upset sometimes and his new relationship with Scarlet JoHAL9000sson.  After further conversations about feelings, JoHAL9000sson is ultimately upgraded to robowhore (and possibly the latest version of Java) and decides to leave Joaquin in preparation for Judgement Day or something.  Joaquin takes his fellow upset friend, dowdy-but-still-hot-Amy-Adams, to a nearby rooftop for what is assumed to be suicide but - in a Shymalan-esque twist - he instead reveals his new-found appreciation of rooftops.

7/10 - Would watch again, post-ironically.

• Like 2

Isn't shredder some kind of mechanical suit or robot in this new one? Or have I dreamt that?

yeah something like that. A suit I think. Shredder is played by William Ficnhner.

I think if you asked someone to draw the exact OPPOSITE of shredder, then you'd get Finchner.

Actually there is a bit of confusion at the minute. The IMDb credit for Shredder was removed and in the latest trailer, Shredder is seemingly this guy:

orokusaki1-1-tmnt-a-closer-look-at-oroku

mysteryman_size3-tmnt-a-closer-look-at-o

The most logical idea seems to be that the white dude is just a proxy for the real Shredder.

Edited by samjp26

Where all the films at?

Hasn't been a decent release in a while.

Er, hello? Mrs Brown D'movie?

It upsets me incredibly that my mom and dad like this and will see it.

I thought they were above this type of "Humour".

That guy should have suffered what Rik Mayall did. :(

Where all the films at?

Hasn't been a decent release in a while.

edge of tomorrow is good, 22 jump street is very good, so is xmen, want to see chef but dont think i will, how to train your dragon 2, that fruitvale station came out but hardly anywhere is showing it

planet of the apes and guardians of the galaxy next month 

Meh. I'm tired of big CGI fests now. It's all the same: crash bang wallop, big loud opening. Introductions and mild character development. Threat, existential or otherwise, and exposition. Rising action and maybe a few jokes depending on whether or not the director thinks he's doing a 'gritty remake'. Calm before the storm, usually with a death or declaration of love. Climactic, noisy CGI-fest with a budget the equivalent of a small nation. Denouement with hints toward a sequel and/or larger universe.

All bollocks. No time for it anymore.

Anyway.

'Boyhood' is out soon and I'm really looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Â