The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Black Dahlia - good golly. Quite simply the worst film I've seen this year and that includes the Frankenstein film that came out earlier in the year. Laughably bad acting and a reminder as to why I've not seen Josh Hartnett in any films lately. Mesmerically abysmal even Johanssen was garbage. Plot was an incoherent mess, the story is riddled with cliche - I'm sure the book is interesting but holy hell Brian de Palma what a steaming pile of poo. Actually made me question all positive memories of the film noir genre entirely. I know I remember liking The Big Sleep and LA Confidential but this film is so poor I'm having a crisis of memory.

9.5/10 etc

General consensus is that the new transformers is somehow even worse than rotf. I didn't even think that was possible. **** Michael Bay.

it has a substance in it called transformium. Seriously. Transformium. I shit you not

I'm not even going to go and see this one. I'll just cry onto the dvd of the original animated movie and repeatedly sing 'the touch' over and over under my breath while rocking back and forth.

• Like 2

He seems to have well and truly lost it. I mean I enjoyed the first Transformers film, but the subsequent offerings have been absolutely awful.

Now it seems not only is he serving up the same rubbish again, but he's probably going to ruin yet another of my childhood memories with the TMNT movie. 

Had the opportunity of having a babysitter last night so managed to get to the cinema;D

watched 22 jump street, which did not fail to get me laughing

very amusing and for me, better than the first!

well worth a watch.

• Like 1

I thought bay was freshening up transformers and giving it an overhaul?

Saw a review that said lockdown was brilliant, everything explodes, the humans are poorly written (even said the daughter and love interest were worse than Shia...) and a good chunk of it doesn't even try to make sense, family from Texas and none of them have a Texas accent, but it means they get to put a lot of Stars and Stripes out... yet despite all that it's a good film

Also said that despite them being excellent, the dinobots existing makes absolutely no sense what so ever

Sounds like nothing has changed, will convince the gf that the cinema will be too busy to see it

Edited by villa4europe

A friend of mine is losing his shit over the TMNT movie.

I told him it will probably be shit because of Michael Bay.

Then he said "yeah but he did a good job with Transformers"

Conversation ended there

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Isn't shredder some kind of mechanical suit or robot in this new one? Or have I dreamt that?

yeah something like that. A suit I think. Shredder is played by William Ficnhner.

I think if you asked someone to draw the exact OPPOSITE of shredder, then you'd get Finchner.

Â