The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

i just looked it up on wikipedia because it looked painfully obvious what the outcome of the film will be and unsurprisingly i was right

she's really ill and he's ok, he takes the risk and acts as her support... she gets better and he dies

Strange how that interstellar trailer didn't really show anything of Hathaway or chastain, think revealing too much of chastains character might give a huge chunk of plot away

It's more a case of how Nolan treats trailers. It's common knowledge that he oversees them unlike alot of directors.

just seen a trailer for a film called the fault in our stars, looked like a romance film based around 2 cancer patients... looked a right blast  :unsure:

Yeah the book of that is really popular on the Teenage Cancer Ward at the Children's Hospital.

A lot of them are inspired by it. It seems to have given a lot of them some strength and a bit of self-confidence and the fact it's being released as a film has given a lot of them another thing to look forward to, some have been tracking the production process on an hourly basis they're so taken by it. I hope they enjoy it when they see it under this weight of expectation.

Finally got round to seeing Dallas Buyers Club

Terrific film and another stellar performance from Matty Mac. He really is on an absolute roll at the moment and deserved the Oscar.

However I feel Jared Leto robbed Fassbender of the supporting Oscar.

Apparently putting on a dress and speaking in a high voice is Oscar worthy .

#teamfassbender :)

just seen a trailer for a film called the fault in our stars, looked like a romance film based around 2 cancer patients... looked a right blast :unsure:

Yeah the book of that is really popular on the Teenage Cancer Ward at the Children's Hospital.

A lot of them are inspired by it. It seems to have given a lot of them some strength and a bit of self-confidence and the fact it's being released as a film has given a lot of them another thing to look forward to, some have been tracking the production process on an hourly basis they're so taken by it. I hope they enjoy it when they see it under this weight of expectation.

I hope they do too

To me it looked like Marley and me, you just know what's happening at the end and that film will break you, I'll no doubt end up watching it but I don't think it'll be on a sunny Sunday afternoon

• Like 1

the-way-way-back-poster-quad.jpg

Watched this last night - didn't know what to expect so was pleasantly surprised to find it very amusing!!!

All about a quiet14yr old boy on holiday in The Hamptons with his Mother, her new obnoxious boyfriend and his daughter. He doesn't fit in with things but finds friendship with the childish owner of a nearby waterpark.

Very good cast, Carrell actually not doing a 'Steve Carrell' type character, Sam Rockwell was superb but the best was the drunk neighbour Betty who had the best lines!

The writer/director Nat Faxon (who wrote The Descendants) even plays a character!

Worth a go!

• Like 1

Id like to see that, the trailer reminded me of adventureland a little and I loved that. Is out on DVD now then?

Yes, got it via Lovefilm

It's a little bit like Adventureland but centres more around the family - certainly worth checking out.

the-way-way-back-poster-quad.jpg

Watched this last night - didn't know what to expect so was pleasantly surprised to find it very amusing!!!

All about a quiet14yr old boy on holiday in The Hamptons with his Mother, her new obnoxious boyfriend and his daughter. He doesn't fit in with things but finds friendship with the childish owner of a nearby waterpark.

Very good cast, Carrell actually not doing a 'Steve Carrell' type character, Sam Rockwell was superb but the best was the drunk neighbour Betty who had the best lines!

The writer/director Nat Faxon (who wrote The Descendants) even plays a character!

Worth a go!

Great film. Loved Sam Rockwell in it.

Â