The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Brilliant movie.

Treadwell was an odd character to say the least.

Quite it does make you think. I do feel sorry for Treadwell though; I know he meant well but I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve?

A troubled soul no doubt.

Ah but The Big Lebowski is at its funniest at about the 7th or 8th viewing.

Report back then about which one you like more...

That is indeed true, i hated it first time i saw it.

Watched a few more times, its now comedy gold!

i also hated The Big Lebowski first time i watched it.

i don't plan to go back for a second viewing.

I'm in this boat. Went on a massive COen Brothers mission to watch a load of their films.

Watched the Big Lebowski and thought it was average. Made me smile but far from hilarious. I'm encouraged to go back and watch it again but I haven't got round to it.

To be honest I've found the Coen Brothers to be very hit and miss. Some of their films are great and some are pretty average, if not crap.

Oh, and one is absolutely superb.

Which films are the best on bluray and gives the best value on it (found it very hard to express myself there, but I hope you understand what I mean. It's late.)? Bought a BD-player not long ago and have bought some movies

Rambo IV

HP and the philosophers stone (I kind of like those films and will get the new one too)

Troy

Both new Bond films

Rec

Eden Lake

King Arthur

And have seen the Pirates-films and Transformers too and they were great on Bluray, but what other films would you all recommend? I've ordered Gladiator and Angels and Demons too so I have some films to watch, but still.

Which films are the best on bluray and gives the best value on it (found it very hard to express myself there, but I hope you understand what I mean. It's late.)? Bought a BD-player not long ago and have bought some movies

Rambo IV

HP and the philosophers stone (I kind of like those films and will get the new one too)

Troy

Both new Bond films

Rec

Eden Lake

King Arthur

And have seen the Pirates-films and Transformers too and they were great on Bluray, but what other films would you all recommend? I've ordered Gladiator and Angels and Demons too so I have some films to watch, but still.

I havea few blu rays. Dark Knight, Black Hawk Down and Wall-E are the ones that are really enhanced by the Blu-Ray for me.

Also, not a film, but Planet Earth (if you like those sorts of documentries) is stunning on Blu Ray.

Big Trouble In Little China...

some great lines:

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

400px-big_trouble_in_little_china.jpg

The Cove

Not content with butchering whales into oblivion this one shows how the evil Japs are butchering dolphins into oblivion

Flipper wants you to click this link

really is time the international community sent the Japanese a message ... Wonder if I can get Stephen Fry to Twitt about it :winkold:

Rambo IV

Troy

Both new Bond films

Rec

Eden Lake

King Arthur

Try Baraka. I hunted around for recommendations of the Best thing on Blu-Ray and came up with this. Bought it for my bro; he said it's amazing.

Â