The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 28/05/2022 at 17:07, Stevo985 said:

Just back from this

Screenshot_20220409_140938.jpg?fit=1195,

I’ve never seen anything like it. 

Fantastic

Same here. Took my nephew to see it last night. I think we spent longer discussing it (afterwards) than watching it. Most enjoyable film I’ve seen in a long while. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Hellbender well worth a watch, little bit different but works overall. Best horror so far this year for me 

It's a belter :thumb:

film_earringsofmadamede.jpg

The Earrings of Madame de… (Max Ophüls) - Really enjoyed it, especially the way it looks visually.

kpt78lo1ct861.jpg?width=1024&format=pjpgL

Lola (Rainer Werner Fassbinder) - Some good performances and I liked how colorful it is.

Top Gun tonight

was great fun with lots of nods and winks to the originals whilst being a lot less homo erotic  … Kelly McGillis  must have seriously pissed people off to not get a role shoe horned into the film .

it should have ended 15 mins earlier than it did instead of going into complete farce mode though … but hey welcome to Hollywood 

great switch your brain off popcorn movie 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

On 02/06/2022 at 07:48, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The marketing for Dominion is 👌

already caught a few spoilers/plot leaks and need to stop cause it looks great and i need at least SOME surprises. supposed to be very good though, albeit a bit too fast paced apparently. i know it's already a long film but apparently could've developed the characters better

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Top Gun tonight

was great fun with lots of nods and winks to the originals whilst being a lot less homo erotic  … Kelly McGillis  must have seriously pissed people off to not get a role shoe horned into the film .

it should have ended 15 mins earlier than it did instead of going into complete farce mode though … but hey welcome to Hollywood 

great switch your brain off popcorn movie 

There's a reason.

Edited by foreveryoung

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

There's a reason.

She's a victim of ageing like a normal person, and she'd have to be next to Tom Cruise who sold his soul to the devil and hasn't aged a day

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

She's a victim of ageing like a normal person, and she'd have to be next to Tom Cruise who sold his soul to the devil and hasn't aged a day

Errrrr, okay..........mate. Well spotted.

• Confused 2

Watching deep water on the TV and England on my phone, not a clue who the **** I've upset today or which one is worse

Spoiler

The film is dreadful, proper **** dreadful

It never establishes why he loves her so much beyond the notion that she's sexy and good in bed, they don't even throw in an idea that he'd lose all his money in a divorce or lose his daughter, his motives don't make sense, I'd kill her before I killed her lovers

Then there's no actual thriller element to it, there's no suspense or did he didn't he

Affleck must have owed the tax man his fee for this one 

Â