The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

headerphoto951211.jpg

Close-Up (Abbas Kiarostami) - Best film I've seen in a while, enjoyed it.

tumblr_p3kz3ziPlT1qcay1ao1_500.gifv

À propos de Nice (Jean Vigo, Boris Kaufman) - Liked it, very interesting.

Edited by useless

Adam Sandler's latest Netflix effort "Hustle" looks good and has decent reviews, and I like sports movies so will definitely watch that one. 

• Like 2

Godzilla vs Kong 

Dumb fun but nowhere near the first two ‘Zilla films. I enjoyed it but it felt a bit Michael Bay’ish compared to the others. KotM was bloody fantastic so any sequel was always going to struggle to be as good.

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah its decent, worth a watch.

Also saw this again the other day, underrated imo.

spacer.png

Susan Random from Toast is in it 

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Adam Sandler's latest Netflix effort "Hustle" looks good and has decent reviews, and I like sports movies so will definitely watch that one. 

Yeah it's decent. Sandler is great in it.

I mean the movie is basically "Goal" but for basketball

The Northman

Its a good film but I'm not 100% sure why, it looks great, the performances are good and it nails the violence and brutality for me, not too much that it becomes daft, just the right amount but at the same time the religious mythical stuff has been done better and the for all the violence the fight choreography is really disappointing

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I thought Nightmare Alley was excellent tbh. 

Yeah, it's a terrific movie. Watched it a couple of times now and although it's not his best work, it's still a good addition to del Toro's catalogue.

One of the kids got me the 4k restoration of Blood on Satan's Claw for Fathers Day (they know me so well).

spacer.png

One of my all time favourite horror movies and one that still stands the test of time today.

Incredibly atmospheric, great story and on a few occasions a very uneasy watch (one scene in particular) - if you're a fan of the 'Folk Horror' sub genre then I would urge you to seek it out.

The 4k version looks superb too.

• Like 1

Â