The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Watched the film of the year so far and will be surprised if it's surpassed.

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once.

It truly is the multiverse of madness (in comparison, Doctor Strange needs to look hard at the Trades Description Act)

Absolutely bat shit crazy but with a dash of emotion and melancholy

Brilliant film

When you get a moment watch some of the "making of" footage .  They deserve every award going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally got round to Matrix Resurrections

take a bow you’ve officially won the award for worst film ever 

utter garbage 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Just back from watching this:

spacer.png

Very good stuff.

Has some visual nods to Derricksons other work (especially Sinister) and a tight storyline which delivers some decent psychological thrills and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Cast is also very good, with a great performance from the young lead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Very good stuff.

Has some visual nods to Derricksons other work (especially Sinister) and a tight storyline which delivers some decent psychological thrills and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Booked to go Friday

On 22/06/2022 at 18:36, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Very good stuff.

Thought it took a while to get going but when it eventually did was very well executed. Agree  very sinisteresque at times. Was impressed by the performance of the young leads young sister as well

Spoiler

A few flaws in how the grabber did not notice the window bars pulled out and why Finn did’nt just grab a blunt object or knife and get the job done when the grabber was asleep in the chair 

Top gun Maverick. 

It’s ridiculous, there is some stupid stuff going on, and I didn’t think Miles Teller was old enough for the role he was playing. 

But it’s great fun, some great shots. Definitively worth a watch 

Not a current movie, but watched 'Jennifers Body' the other night.

Was totally mis-marketed as some raunchy teen movie when in fact it is a really funny, clever horror with a little social commentary thrown in . Would really recommend it

• Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 11:07, Designer1 said:

One of the kids got me the 4k restoration of Blood on Satan's Claw for Fathers Day (they know me so well).

spacer.png

One of my all time favourite horror movies and one that still stands the test of time today.

Incredibly atmospheric, great story and on a few occasions a very uneasy watch (one scene in particular) - if you're a fan of the 'Folk Horror' sub genre then I would urge you to seek it out.

The 4k version looks superb too.

One of my all time favourites too. It's fantastic start to finish. 

• Like 1

It certainly stays with you. Once was enough for me. 

Considering it has a naked Scarlett Johansson in it and that’s NOT the part of the film you find yourself thinking about afterwards. Probably not even in the top five notable moments.

Spoiler

The scene(s) of the baby on the beach.

****, man.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It certainly stays with you. Once was enough for me. 

Considering it has a naked Scarlett Johansson in it and that’s NOT the part of the film you find yourself thinking about afterwards. Probably not even in the top five notable moments.

Reveal hidden contents

The scene(s) of the baby on the beach.

****, man.

Spoiler

It’s horrible, her detachment is chilling, The musical score makes it even more unnerving

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watched Elvis tonight at the Stafford Odeon. Possibly the best biopic I have seen. Phenomenal. 

I would like to see this at the cinema - will hopefully get a chance over the next few weeks.

It looks visually stunning in the trailer 

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I would like to see this at the cinema - will hopefully get a chance over the next few weeks.

It looks visually stunning in the trailer 

It is visually stunning. My eyes were darting all over the screen taking it all in. It would be great on any screen, aside from mike's small telly. But it was fantastic on a big screen. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

On tonight on Film 4, different type of Alien film, well worth a look in

image.jpeg

Absolutely loved it

Never gonna watch it again lol

A movie best watched once, with zero prior knowledge about it, as I did.

Very unique movie experience

• Like 3

Â