The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

What about Gremlins, is that a Christmas film? 

:trollface:

Absolutely. Its about a man buying a Christmas present for his son :)

Love that film. 

• Like 1

WTAF is Don't Look Up supposed to be? Abysmal film. Characters are acting in completely different films. Some think it's a genuine disaster movie, others some batshit farce, others a comedy drama. It's none of those things and is so so weird. I don't understand what this film wants to be at all. 

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

WTAF is Don't Look Up supposed to be? Abysmal film. Characters are acting in completely different films. Some think it's a genuine disaster movie, others some batshit farce, others a comedy drama. It's none of those things and is so so weird. I don't understand what this film wants to be at all. 

Watching this now and thinks it’s brilliant! 

it’s a very satirical comedy drama. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Lock up is a great film, Do you mean that one

My favourite part of Die Hard is when the German Hans Gruber tells his German henchmen "Schieß dem Fenster", then has to tell them to "Shoot the glass" because his German henchmen didn't understand what he had said... in German.

Ich Nichten Lichten The Day Today GIF - Ich Nichten Lichten The Day Today -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Brass Against? Lol

Oh Jesus bloody Christ.  Well, I didn't know who it was/they were, but this information now adds the things I confidently know about Brass Against up to 3:

1) I hate them.

2) didn't they like, piss on some guy? I remember this being a thing.

3) they're the bastards I'm having to watch support Tool next year. 😬

Quite why you'd even have support for Tool instead of using those extra 45 mins to simply have Tool play 2 more songs is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

What about Gremlins, is that a Christmas film? 

:trollface:

Hmm, I'm torn on this because part of me says Xmas film, the other part says Phoebe Cates is a gift for the whole year, not just Xmas.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Oh Jesus bloody Christ.  Well, I didn't know who it was/they were, but this information now adds the things I confidently know about Brass Against up to 3:

1) I hate them.

2) didn't they like, piss on some guy? I remember this being a thing.

3) they're the bastards I'm having to watch support Tool next year. 😬

Quite why you'd even have support for Tool instead of using those extra 45 mins to simply have Tool play 2 more songs is beyond me.

You're 2) was why I added the lol 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Watching this now and thinks it’s brilliant! 

it’s a very satirical comedy drama. 

I'll be honest I posted that only about 40 min in to watching. By the end you're right. I think I was expecting a straight up disaster movie so it was very jarring for a while. 're watching through the satire lens will be very profitable. 

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

So we are all in agreement that Jingle all the way is THE only true Christmas film then yeah?

Arnie uppercutting a Reindeer.

Possibly only usurped in the so-ludricious-it's-wonderful moments in film ranks by Pete Postlethwaite tranquilizing a Tyrannosaurus Rex in Jurassic Park 2.

• Haha 1

Â