The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

8 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Cracking fight scene in a bar around a pool table.

Top trivia, the older guy behind the bar, the barman is Nick Dimitri, who played the last guy who Charles Bronson flights at the end of Hard Times/the Streetfighter in the 70s, great film, really great.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Top trivia, the older guy behind the bar, the barman is Nick Dimitri, who played the last guy who Charles Bronson flights at the end of Hard Times/the Streetfighter in the 70s, great film, really great.

Bald bloke did'nt like carrying his bags if  I recall 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks for the tip, very good movie, another recommendation here.

Spoiler

How **** dark was that bit with the kids? Serious Assault on Precinct 13 flashbacks. 

Loved how layered it was for such a straightforward narrative too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:
  Hide contents

How **** dark was that bit with the kids? Serious Assault on Precinct 13 flashbacks. 

Loved how layered it was for such a straightforward narrative too.

Very!

I can see this being a cult hit and with any hope, we might see a further movie from elsewhere in the timeline.

Spoiler

I thought both villain actors leapt off the screen, so well done, I want more. I want to know more about the school and how they decided to go after them, I presume more of the real villains too, maybe it wasn't the chance encounter they said it was (unless I missed an explanation).

• Like 1

tumblr_psmr8otwRT1rrkahjo8_540.gifv

The Fall (2006) - In a hospital on the outskirts of 1920s Los Angeles, an injured stuntman begins to tell a fellow patient, a little girl with a broken arm, a fantastic story of five mythical heroes. Thanks to his fractured state of mind and her vivid imagination, the line between fiction and reality blurs as the tale advances. - I liked it, great looking movie.

four.jpg?w=584&h=292

Ace in the Hole - A frustrated former big-city journalist now stuck working for an Albuquerque newspaper exploits a story about a man trapped in a cave to rekindle his career, but the situation quickly escalates into an out-of-control circus - Very good movie and good performance by Kirk Douglas.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 21:31, villa4europe said:

Watching the last duel whilst on my phone 😳

Damon feels really miscast, comer is stunning, it's OK and looks the part fir sure but it's jumping around a lot rather than establishing anything, it's also near overbearingly bleak

It doesn't have that big battle get you in to it opening of say gladiator or even the get some character in of brave heart, its a hard film to get going imo 

Gave it a go last night and it was good for me, the repeats of the 'crime' get a bit much but the actual duel scene was beautifully brutal and well worth the wait imo.

I took the children to watch Clifford the big red dog last week. 
It’s a kids film and so expectations are very low, both children enjoyed it so that was a result.

The most memorable thing was the really bizarre casting. Not only did they hire Jack Whitehall (off of A League of their own) to play a lead role, they hired him to play an English man who had lived in New York since he was 2 and therefore needed to put on the worst American accent you’re ever going go hear. It was truly weird. Just why?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a kids film and so expectations are very low, both children enjoyed it so that was a result.

The most memorable thing was the really bizarre casting. Not only did they hire Jack Whitehall (off of A League of their own) to play a lead role, they hired him to play an English man who had lived in New York since he was 2 and therefore needed to put on the worst American accent you’re ever going go hear. It was truly weird. Just why?

Who played Emily

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen the trailer for that a few times. Thankfully my daughter has shown no interest in wanting to go and see it.

I’m going to wait until the inevitable “vs” film sequel when he goes up against Digby, the biggest dog in the world.

• Haha 2

Â