The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

My favourite part of Die Hard is when the German Hans Gruber tells his German henchmen "Schieß dem Fenster", then has to tell them to "Shoot the glass" because his German henchmen didn't understand what he had said... in German.

Ich Nichten Lichten The Day Today GIF - Ich Nichten Lichten The Day Today -  Discover & Share GIFs

What about the bit where a British guy convinces an American guy that he’s not actually a German guy but a fellow American guy, but it then turns out later that the second American guy never believed the British guy playing a German guy was actually an American guy and so he sellotaped a glock to his back and what was it you say, “Yippie Kay ay….really bad person?” “Uhuhhh” “uhhuhuhuh” “ahahaha” “ahahahhhahhaaha” “HOLLY!” 

de1.gif

Edited by fightoffyour

Been catching up on various films recently as I look after an angry baby in the evenings.

Watched Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse last night for the first time. It’s genuinely excellent. Beautiful visuals, consistently funny, interesting characters. Would also be very family friendly.

Watched Shang-Chi. It was pretty good but I’ve largely forgotten it 48 hours later.

Rewatched Starship Troopers again to see if it was as good as I remember. It’s still as brilliant and ridiculous as when I first saw it, holds up pretty well for a film nearly 25 years old now! Perhaps less family friendly than Spiderverse though.

Might try and watch Matrix 4 next.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rodders said:

I'll be honest I posted that only about 40 min in to watching. By the end you're right. I think I was expecting a straight up disaster movie so it was very jarring for a while. 're watching through the satire lens will be very profitable. 

Glad you stuck with it! 

21 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It really is a good film

I liked it. 

Statham? Check. 

Revenge? Check

People being shot in the face? Check

A success. 

• Like 2

Just started to watch Last Night In Soho by Edgar Wright - very promising start and a cracking 60s soundtrack. 

Edit - finished it now and whilst there's some clunky bits in the final third, it's a really stylish and decent horror/thriller. 

A good follow up to Baby Driver and his Cornetto trilogy - it'll be interesting to see what Edgar Wright does next. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Watching Don't Look Up on Netflix. Pretty good and humorous, if depressing accurate portrayal of how the World might end. 

Watched it last night. Thought it was a great swipe at the media, social media and political shenanigans! 

great fun! 

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Watched it last night. Thought it was a great swipe at the media, social media and political shenanigans! 

great fun! 

Watched if for Jennifer Lawrence, paid attention for the actual film being decent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Watched if for Jennifer Lawrence, paid attention for the actual film being decent. 

Did you ever see those mucky pics of her that were released about seven or eight years ago

3 hours ago, Nicho said:

Just watched the new Matrix film.

I thought it would be terrible but jesus it went beyond all expectations. 

I just watched it and I’m a bit torn. I really liked certain aspects of it. But then I think back to an actually good film (Matrix 1) and there’s just no comparison.

I liked new Morpheus and new Smith though.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Because it’s Christmas I’ve let my eldest pick a film from my collection to watch later. Not seen this in years but really looking forward to it. Do not think it is a Christmas film though 

Warriors come out to playimage.jpeg.4041fba41bea93b625a8a701a097ea1b.jpeg

Let's get down to it boppers. 

Has to be amongst the most sampled films of all time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Because it’s Christmas I’ve let my eldest pick a film from my collection to watch later. Not seen this in years but really looking forward to it. Do not think it is a Christmas film though 

Warriors come out to playimage.jpeg.4041fba41bea93b625a8a701a097ea1b.jpeg

When I got with my missus I kept banging on about this film to her. Was brilliant as a kid, but very dated these days. Didn’t enjoy it as much and she thought it was crap . Some things are best left in childhood memories. 

wasn’t it originally based on villa making there way back from the sty 😉

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When I got with my missus I kept banging on about this film to her. Was brilliant as a kid, but very dated these days. Didn’t enjoy it as much and she thought it was crap . Some things are best left in childhood memories. 

wasn’t it originally based on villa making there way back from the sty 😉

Back through the ‘danger zone’ (Digbeth) to get back to the Windsor

• Like 1

Â