The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

la-1547503607-wty7vpefwh-snap-image

Watched The Nun a 1966 film directed by Jacques Rivette, A nun is forced into a nunnery against her will and is cruelly treated as she tries to fight for her freedom, as the film goes on it develops asort of uncanny and uneasy atmosphere, I liked it a lot, and great performance from Anna Karina.

Edited by useless

On 10/01/2021 at 11:30, rjw63 said:

Watched "Richard Jewell" last night.

Superb cast, great movie, recommended.

Got round to watching this tonight. Didn't really know the story and felt angry and sad especially when at the end it said what happened to him. 

Really good film and some really good performances from Rockwell, Bates and the guy who played Jewell. 

• Like 2

Finally got around to watching Psycho Goreman, oh what a delightfully terrible movie it was.

Very much a love it or absolutely stay away from it. It's a low budget 80's style Troma horror comedy with over the top acting and a few musical numbers and Dodgeball thrown in :D 100% silly and campy with some gore.

Not for everyone but if you like Troma, 80's b-horror and films like Wishmaster and the early Peter Jackson stuff you might like this one.

Psycho Goreman (2020) - IMDb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I just watched Ex Machina. Meh out of ten.

Nice presentation, lots of interesting questions, but the payoff was pretty unsatisfying. Not dreadful, but I probably wouldn't watch it again

Yep, I often rewatch films but haven’t done so with that one once.

Watched the Lighthouse the other night, kinda good but pretty mental in parts too. Wasn’t really the missus’ cup of tea ha

Watched the dig, its very solid, better than it should be as its not really that interesting or really go anywhere but it's still enjoyable, it's tinged with sadness and carried by good performances who bring charm to it, its very wholesome rather than being swept away by the impending doom, its no white ribbon 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just watched Ex Machina. Meh out of ten.

Nice presentation, lots of interesting questions, but the payoff was pretty unsatisfying. Not dreadful, but I probably wouldn't watch it again

Couldn’t disagree more, excellent film.

• Like 4

Prisoners of the Ghostland sounds like something to look forward to. A Sion Sono movie (Love Exposure, Tokyo Tribe, Why Don't You Play in Hell?...) starring Nicholas Cage set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, featuring testicle bombs apparently :D 

One to keep an eye out for @Follyfoot ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Prisoners of the Ghostland sounds like something to look forward to. A Sion Sono movie (Love Exposure, Tokyo Tribe, Why Don't You Play in Hell?...) starring Nicholas Cage set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, featuring testicle bombs apparently :D 

That ones been on my radar for a while.

Sono is one of my favourite directors - his Hate Trilogy is outstanding.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sne said:

researching as I type, looks really good 

• Like 1

Â