The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Uncut Gems is the "this better not be as shit as..." film in my house.

We turned it off, the missus was done after half an hour but I dragged it out for another 20 mins

I know it got all the awards shouts but I thought it was shite 

Just now, villa4europe said:

We turned it off, the missus was done after half an hour but I dragged it out for another 20 mins

I know it got all the awards shouts but I thought it was shite 

We turned it off after about half an hour as well, I think it's the only film I've just given up on in at least a decade, I'll usually persevere, but I just couldn't sit through another hour of unlikable arseholes screaming at each other.

• Like 1

MV5BNjJiMmM1N2MtNTczMS00ZDY5LTg0Y2YtYzQ5

The Swimmer: A man swims home through his neighbours' swimming pools, and on his journey you learn more about him and his life via his interactions. It reminded me in some ways of Mad Men, so wasn't surprised to read afterwards that it was apparently an influnece on that show.

• Like 3

On 12/02/2021 at 14:09, sne said:

Another Nic Cage instant classic?

‘He’s not trapped in there with them, they’re trapped in there with him’ Sounds like another fascinating premise for big Nic and essential viewing. 

• Like 1

Took me a long time to get round to watching The Handmaiden, but it was good. Park Chan-wook is great sometimes, but he can get a bit carried away with the visuals, I thought he just about reined it in enough. The plot was fun, though the final twist was obvious. Glad I watched it in the end.

• Like 1

Watching Wall-E with the little one this morning. Such a good film and it always amazes me how much character they can get into him from the eyes and little movements. 

Possibly my favourite Pixar film but hard to compare with Toy Story because it's such a classic, and I love Ratatouille too (but haven't seen it in ages so will have to watch again soon and evaluate!)

• Like 1

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Enjoyed it a lot, almost felt like I was watching an all time great, I read afterwards that there's a directors cut that has never been released so would be interested to see that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

That looks better than it really should do.

Also either this thing is really, really long or its going to be moving at an obscene pace. There's a lot going on in that trailer.

I think it looks shite but boy do I want to watch it! I actually used to love the original when I was a kid I used to watch it all the time. Don't think I could sit through it now mind 

Gave Monster Hunter a try but couldn't make it all way through. Ended up fast forwarding most of the movie.

Special effects are only so slightly better than in the 2007 Beowulf movie so that's nice I guess. The monsters look not awful but the settings looks like a cartoon. The story (not surprising I guess) is utter tripe. To call this B-movie quality is an insult to most B-movies.

3/10. Watch pretty much anything and everything rather than this. Apparently Paul W.S Anderson has been working on this project since 2012 and this is what he comes up with :crylaugh:

Spoiler

That big boss dragon looks like a giant shaved barbecued parrot :D 

Edited by sne

Â