The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I had a plane movie session this weekend too:

Parasite - Yes liked that a lot - can see why it has won awards

Ready or Not - Plenty of fun, worth a watch

Angel Has Fallen - Well its not as bad a X-men: Dark Phoenix....

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'm hoping Parasite is on the plane when I fly to Canada on Sunday. Actually, I've just remembered that I'm flying Air Transat, so I'll probably be lucky to get a TV. Or wings. 

Dangerous thing to hope for, have you not seen that Contagion movie from 2011 :D

Guess that was a infection and not a parasite mind.

• Haha 1

watched Full Monty for the first time in several years as partner and I were in dire need of pick me up cheesy films, forgot how charmingly fun it was, and how you can't help but notice the odd line of dialogue which definitely wouldn't be written nowadays but still a perfect tonic to a lousy mood. 

Watched The Machinist the other day which was uncomfortable viewing just for Christian Bale's weightloss alone.  I wasn't sure if I was enjoying it but the ending made the rest of it suddenly make sense.  Also watched Prisoners with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gillenhall which was alright but I guessed the twist early on.

29 minutes ago, MCU said:

Working my way through the Christmas films. Lampoons last night, Fred Clause this morning. 

Will start mine when I'm back in England next week, lampoon's, elf, 34th Street and then the main show muppets 

Muppets whilst wrapping presents on the 24th is standard 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Will start mine when I'm back in England next week, lampoon's, elf, 34th Street and then the main show muppets 

Muppets whilst wrapping presents on the 24th is standard 

It's A Wonderful Life, here. 

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched 6 Underground last night and it was a god awful mess of a film but I actually enjoyed it kinda 6.5/10

It was shocking and surprising at how bad a parody of a Michael Bay movie could be made by the man himself. 

I do like Ryan Reynolds though and he was one of the only redeeming features. 

Knives Out is great fun.

Gets a bit ploddy in the middle but very watchable throughout.

Was ready to wince at Craig but I thought he was great.

A very carefully selected role by Chris Evans trying to escape the cap.

Marriage story

Excellent film, 2 leads absolutely nail it as does the writing for them and dern, I can imagine it splits opinions and I think it's got a couple of neat little tricks up its sleeve to divide probably evens couples watching it together, I could relate to it and I'm sure there are people more so, it's not perfect, some times it's a bit too far (spoiler) and some of the roles are too stereotypical (also spoiler) 

Spoiler

The decline of his career and the esculation of hers was maybe a little too much, it swayed the sympathy towards him cos it in effect showed him as a ruined man

Liottas character was a typical expensive argumentative arsehole lawyer (dern worked he didn't for me) but the main offender was the social services woman, portrayed how they always are in a scene that felt too well trodden for me

I loved the way it set up its beginning as to who they are, the middle with the lawyers painting them as someone else and then tying it up at the end 

Â