The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Age of Ultron. Enjoyed it.

Hulk and iron man fighting made me chuckle.

Scarlett Johansen looking incredible (how the hell could banner walk away from that?) The psychic chick always pretty hot.

The film was ruined by having to have every character in it and too much going on; hate to think what Avengers 3.2 will be like with about 50 main characters.

On 20/02/2016 at 12:34, Chindie said:

Of the entire run, the ones that you can skip (to date anyway, they may become more important as the movies go on) are the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2. The Hulk is just a Hulk movie and so far the only tie in has been a single joke in the Avengers and a supporting character appearing again in Civil War. 

If you do skip Hulk having a vague idea who General Ross is might help when watching Civil War, there is also a slight chance that his character might get further development in phase three as Hulk might miss Avengers 3.1.

I also think Hulk is one of the best films in the franchise and definitely worth watching, I am a Hulk fan though so might be biased. 

Was watching a bit of "Black Hawk Down" last night, and disliked it as much as the first time. Banter heavy American war propaganda. The interesting thing though was Tom Hardy and Orlando Bloom playing bit parts. Spud and Mark Renton too, coming off their Trainspotting triumph. All struggling to do American accents, lol.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

Was watching a bit of "Black Hawk Down" last night, and disliked it as much as the first time. Banter heavy American war propaganda. The interesting thing though was Tom Hardy and Orlando Bloom playing bit parts. Spud and Mark Renton too, coming off their Trainspotting triumph. All struggling to do American accents, lol.

to me its like a film equivalent of band of brothers, you watch it again some years later and realise every **** is in it

add to bloom and hardy - ioan gruffudd, nikolaj coster waldau (jaime lannister) kim coates (SoA) eric bana, ty burrell (modern family) jeremy piven

• Like 1

The Warriors  (1979) 

I watched this for the first time in a good few years and still enjoy. Still one of the best gang war films i have seen. Just loved the different uniforms each gang wore 7/10

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pooligan said:

The Warriors  (1979) 

I watched this for the first time in a good few years and still enjoy. Still one of the best gang war films i have seen. Just loved the different uniforms each gang wore 7/10

What I love about your movie reviews, pooligan, is that it always seems that it can be any movie, of any genre, from any era, and it'll be 7/10! 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What I love about your movie reviews, pooligan, is that it always seems that it can be any movie, of any genre, from any era, and it'll be 7/10! 

If you like forum posts you will probably like this one. One of the best forum posts I've ever read. I like his avatar, very colourful 7/10 

• Like 2

Saw Bone Tomahawk tonight

well that was kinda **** up , bit overly long and a bit of a slow burn but worth it for the violent bits that made everyone squirm and also got to see a pair of boobies which was an unexpected bonus 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Saw Bone Tomahawk tonight

well that was kinda **** up , bit overly long and a bit of a slow burn but worth it for the violent bits that made everyone squirm and also got to see a pair of boobies which was an unexpected bonus 

I really enjoyed that movie. 70% throwback to some of the old westerns with a post-modern 30% of twisted violence thrown in for good measure.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Big civil war spoiler on the Lego airport set, apparently they're holding one back that contains an even bigger spoiler (probably Spider-Man)

The daft thing with the airport spoiler is they only decided it was a spoiler in December, and previously told merchandisers and particularly toy manufacturers they didn't need to keep it under their hat, so the cat was never in the bag and now they're trying to put it in. 

I can understand why they think is s spoiler, it potentially ruins a great moment, but it's basically Marvel dropping the ball. They decided Spiderman's costume is a bigger spoiler than anything else in the film bizarrely.

On 22/02/2016 at 10:37, BOF said:

Two contrasting films yesterday. Firstly The Revenant, and from that to the Irreverent i.e. Guardians of the Galaxy.  Revenant was technically brilliant, beautiful, accomplished and all those Oscary words.  But I found it boring and was not entertained.  An element of inaccessability and an air of superiority go far.  Which again makes it bona fide Oscar material.  Whereas Guardians of the Galaxy, having had it recommended on here, was actually a lot funnier than I expected it to be, with some laugh out loud moments and all-round silliness.

The revenant is one film i am really looking forward to watching as Alejandro González Iñárritu is my favourite director.

Â