The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 minutes ago, VillaForever1970 said:

Is Deadpool fun, interested to see but concerned the 4th wall stuff would become annoying?

Watch the trailers. If you find the trailers irritating, you'll HATE the movie. If you like the trailers, you'll find something to enjoy. The character is inherently annoying, if you don't find him funny at the same time you'll be climbing the walls in minutes. The trailers actually don't give as much away as you might expect because the draw of the film is the gags and they are constant, even giving away a few in a teaser doesn't affect the viewing experience.

The 4th wall stuff isn't that common, there are 3 or 4 obvious 4th wall gags and that's about it.

Just back from watching Deadpool,  as someone who generally hates superhero type films,  I found Deadpool incredibly refreshing.  It's exactly what I want to see from a Superhero film,  one that doesn't take itself too seriously and has a big joke about the whole thing.  

Hope they make another of the same quality. 

So just got back from Deadpool....

its the sort of film I'd write if I had any talent for such things , the humour is my humour the small touches like the  tittle on the i in Francis in the battle at the end , the blind lady building IKEA  furniture , masterbation jokes involving small hands , ladies day in the montage , even the unicorn in the closing credits , everything just works and it's a non stop ride of laughter ... 

pre film I had to sit through screeners for. Cpt America , Batman v Superman , X-men ... And you just sorta  yawn and say oh another boring predictable comic film where the heroes save the planet and America is the centre of the universe

Deadpool shows how a super hero film can be done , it still requires suspension of a sound mind but boy is it fun , kick ass kinda paved the way to a degree  but Dead pool moved the goal posts so far they've gone beyond Xander

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

pre film I had to sit through screeners for. Cpt America , Batman v Superman , X-men ... And you just sorta  yawn and say oh another boring predictable comic film where the heroes save the planet and America is the centre of the universe

Deadpool shows how a super hero film can be done , it still requires suspension of a sound mind but boy is it fun , kick ass kinda paved the way to a degree  but Dead pool moved the goal posts so far they've gone beyond Xander

I agree completely with this.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume Deadpool is a comic book film that is ACTUALLY funny then?

I guess it's subjective  ... I'm sure there is a militant feminist out there somewhere who took objection to the Ladies day scene  , and I'm sure Will Smith's wife has plenty to say that the blind woman was black and a coke user

but , yeah I found it funny  and I would say from the laughter everyone else in the cinema did as well ... in fact I don't think I've ever heard as much laughter from a cinema audience before 

The fact that Deadpool is an R rated film and will still make shed loads of money is the most positive thing for me.

One thing I hate about all these superhero films is the sanitising to appeal to as wide a market as possible.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Seeing Deadpool later. I have no expectations or any idea what's it's like

stay until the very end of the credits  ... it's not life shattering but as is the norm nowadays you get  a little bit extra

I actually think it could be one of those films like Airplane where you miss a lot of the visual gags first time around and each time you watch it you'll suddenly spot something new  ...

Finally got round to seeing The Revenant last night and I really enjoyed it. It's a very simple story and there's not much character depth or dialogue (which is where Di Caprio shines in my opinion) but it looks phenomenal and is certainly engaging. Really enjoyed it, Hardy was excellent too, as per usual.

Â