The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys suggest me a good comedy please I have a 11hr flight to thailand this week need to be entertained!

I know a few but not sure any of them are 11 hours long mate.

;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys suggest me a good comedy please I have a 11hr flight to thailand this week need to be entertained!

most airlines will give you the choice of about 30 films to watch  , even in the bit where the poor people travel

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

most airlines will give you the choice of about 30 films to watch  , even in the bit where the poor people travel

Do you know if these thai airlines have charging ports on their planes?

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you know if these thai airlines have charging ports on their planes?

film wise you have the winner of Best Comedy "The Martian " on your flight  along with unintentional Comedy "Legend"  .. some pretty decent film choices actually

your plane info is here  ..  ( EVA is Taiwanese not Thai btw )

This EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER aircraft features a three class configuration with 39 flat bed Royal Laurel seats, 56 Elite recliner seats, and 238 standard Economy seats.

Yesterday I got through Sicario, The Room, Bone Tomahawk & X-Men Days of Future Past, in that order.  All good in their own way.  Sicario and Bone Tomahawk being the pick of the bunch.  In hindsight probably should have watched The Room first, as the pace of Sicario made The Room boring for the first half hour or so.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yesterday I got through Sicario, The Room, Bone Tomahawk & X-Men Days of Future Past, in that order.  All good in their own way.  Sicario and Bone Tomahawk being the pick of the bunch.  In hindsight probably should have watched The Room first, as the pace of Sicario made The Room boring for the first half hour or so.

Didnt rate Sicario that much to be honest

I seem to like the 'retired hitman/assassin/minder' type films.  John Wick, Jack Reacher, Man on Fire etc.  Can anyone recommend a few of that ilk?

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt rate Sicario that much to be honest

I enjoyed it.  The word 'rate' has a connotation of critiquing it :) I was entertained and that'll do.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The entertainment system on the plane will probably have a huge selection of movies

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I seem to like the 'retired hitman/assassin/minder' type films.  John Wick, Jack Reacher, Man on Fire etc.  Can anyone recommend a few of that ilk?

The Equalizer is decent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The entertainment system on the plane will probably have a huge selection of movies

YeAh I checked the films Tony and villaforeurope put have seen the ones of interest to me (creed, legends)

Equaliser is a good shout

Â