The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Romy and Michelle's high school reunion again last night.  I still don't understand why I enjoy this film but I do.

At the weekend I watched The Drop with Hardy and the late James Gandolfini. Really enjoyed it and thought Hardy was very good in it.

Pixels was big daft fun. Completely predictable from beginning to end but it is bloody good fun. I did something I haven't done in an Adam Sandler film since big daddy/waterboy, I genuinely laughed. I was pleasantly surprised by its funny bits even if the rest of it was a bit dire.

5/10.

Finally got around to watching the new Mad Max, it's dreadful. Like it was written by an amateur director, a lot of it is un explained, some terrible scenes. I'm disappointed at Hoult, Hardy and Theron for taking part.

have I missed something?

• Like 2

Nicho's answer is closer to my view of the film than the next two replies

It wasn't dreadful but it really was a bit pants , it's up there with Sunshine for " pantsness " in fact

• Like 1

I love the purity of Fury Road. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it means to be: a balls-out action film that looks and sounds great.

The only part of that film that bothers me is when they ever so slightly speed things up near the start when he's trying to escape getting tattooed. I hate that shit, it looks so corny.

In other news, I rewatched the Dark Knight Trilogy recently. Adore those films.

Finally got around to watching the new Mad Max, it's dreadful. Like it was written by an amateur director, a lot of it is un explained, some terrible scenes. I'm disappointed at Hoult, Hardy and Theron for taking part.

have I missed something?

Yup, there is so much going on. A world is created and there isn't a massive sign or terrible exposition to explain it all. 

In other news, everyone should see Sicario.

• Like 3

Mad Max Fury Road tonight, stands up to home viewing very nicely and the  bluray release is basically reference quality. Excellent.

I got the 3D bluray all ready to watch in bed tonight.

I watched it tonight. For some reason I wasn't expecting to enjoy it but I was very wrong. Stunning visuals, lots of explosions and non-stop action. Loved it.

Have to say the 3D on the bluray is amazing. Right up there with Prometheus as the best 3D I've seen. Plus it's just such a great film.

Watched Unstoppable tonight ... On paper it doesn't sound like it would be very entertaining but I really enjoyed it though  I suspect Denzel could read a party election manifesto and make it enjoyable.... Yeah it won't stretch your brain cells and  even though you know how it's going to play out its still an enjoyable film for a lazy evening 

• Like 1

Â