Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s got a point…

I agree with the person who replied. Yes it mwans nothing but bloody hell we have been tonked by teams by 4 or more goals by 3 teams this season. Dont see liverpool arsenal or city that happening too

Unai will see today that alot of these lot are either not good enough or need competition for their place

xG is still fairly close, 2.1 v 1.2. Not as bad as it looks.

We are missing an entire 11, plus zero subs and a CB who doesn't get any minutes for us rolled out in CM.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

People probably won’t be saying it doesn’t matter as we’ve achieved our seasons goal and can’t do any more in game 1 of a season.

You can like it as much as you want but I’ll take the 5-0 loss and champions league qualification over the alternative where we needed something from the last day.

What a great season! A loss in a dead rubber isn’t going to ruin it for me.

FWIW, I've never said today's loss ruins anything for me.

I just don't like it 🤷‍♂️

Am never going to enjoy seeing anyone put 5 goals past us, let alone on last day when we have no right of reply.

Will be a long summer waiting for the next chance to see us play a competitive game, think it's a shame they've sent us off this way for the summer, but it is what it is.

Who cares today as one result doesn’t define a season nor indicate anything about next season … they’ll learn more today from this defeat than a drab draw for instance … we ended the season as we finished - getting dicked by 5 so it’s almost poetic 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

When was the last time Ollie touched the ball or got a pass sent his way? 🤦‍♂️

Really wanted him to score today… 

Yeah it's real shame and depite dire service of late he himself has fluffed a few goal scoring opportunities last few games.

Edited by birdman

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Most fans just wanted Watkins to get his goal and us not to get bumraped.

We got none out of two 🙁

Terrible really rob . Very amateur attitude today. 

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They are not really a team to compare too anymore.

If we are gonna kick on, these are the sort if games we need to be be winning. Even if we have nothing to play for, a win would speak volumes for our mentality.

No they’re not, you can only go to the well so many times. The squad has done great and last week’s fight to come back for a draw against a very good Liverpool side who were very motivated to get results for Kloppity their hero, spoke volumes for the mentality of the team and the coaching staff. I’m not sure what people expect given the circumstances? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Missing Rogers and Ramsey, at least one of whom would start. 

oh ye, even more then.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

F**** off mate. Where's the pride. 

Everton and Forest have nothing to play for and still battling till the end

Pashun that’s what’s missing !! Support them then

Edited by smg

If this game wasn’t a dead rubber we’d see a different result. The reality is we don’t need to take unnecessary risks with an under strength defence. Hope Palace enjoy their final game. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

If spuds had tried harder to beat 115y there is now only 2 goal difference between us and them.....

If Villa had tried harder against Palace, the goal difference might be +9.

These posts are more pointless than Villa's trip to Selhurst Park.

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Why not? I’d rather not see us get smashed! Personal pride and all that, they should care as fans have paid good money to go and watch them.

The fans seemed to be having a right ball 👍