Ratings & Reactions: Olympiacos v Villa

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Can’t talk smack about Emery, but we’re getting slower and slower in our play. Watching the defence pass it amongst themselves for 5 minutes at a time aimlessly is boring. Especially in a game we need to score in.

Might need to look to change a few things. 

• Thanks 1

Glanced at the title and for some reason my brain changed the title to 'Ratings and Overreactions'

Can I be honest and say I haven't enjoyed enjoyed our European run? Even the games we won were pretty damn dull! Hopefully next year will be more fun

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Embarrassing over the 2 legs, all the other games have been close and we get smashed by a bang average team. Yes the players are tired but you have to raise your game for these big games. Never looked like getting back into it tonight.

• Shocked 2

Pathetic effort.  I'd have rather played out u21s and gotten battered than seeing that complete and utter capitulation.

Young lads showed more passion than any of the 1st teamers.

Shocking.

Big changes needed for next season if we want to progress past the 1st stage of Europe nest season

Credit to Olympiakos, fully deserved.

Grateful I got to see Villa play in Europe again, thank you Unai … onwards and upwards. 

• Like 2

In reality this tie was lost in the first leg. 

Robbed of a perfectly good goal that would’ve set us on our way. Add to that a dodgy pen and a questionable offside goal. 

At the end of the day our squad has been decimated by injuries. Let’s focus on the last two league games and champions league next season. 

Long season has really caught up with us because of injuries and now running on fumes.  Great run in the competition guys, we just didn’t have enough in the tank.  Proud of the guys overall this season.

• Like 1

Can't say anything except the better team won. Villa extremely tired.

Kamara or Tielemans availability could have potentially seen something different happen, but not to be. The run itself was ana achievement.

The first leg killed us. Some shocking defending, quality finishing from Olympiakos, and a missed penalty meant that we had to chase the game massively tonight.

We have always struggled to break down 11 men behind the ball and Olympiakos counter attacked us twice and made us pay.

They deserve to go.

Â