Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Odegaard is a brilliant player. 

If I hear anymore about, odengaard, Saka, or Trossard or any other Arsenal.player??? Why we are playing them they are all a bunch of words removed.

• Thanks 1

Diaby needs to start using his pace more imo. Rogers and zani doing well so far.

Not sure what's up with Pau but he looks a real mess at the back.

Think arsenal will score if second half is anything like the first. Need as much luck as possible to grab an unlikely point.

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Does Arteta ever stop complaining? 

He’s been crying on the sideline every time we have a throw in. 

He is complaining and quite a few of their players are some real cheats.

• Like 1

I’m a real hater of the high line Emery plays as it leaves the team wide open for the through ball to runners from midfield particularly a team like Arsenal but Villa have done well so far.

Carlos has been imperious at the back having now reached full match fitness again while Martinez’s save was world class.

Going forward Villa hold a threat but Watkins needs to work on his first touch as his hold up play is so frustratingly poor at times! Villa won’t have the ball much in the second half so it’s important that Watkins holds it better. He was very unlucky hitting the inside of the post however!

Emery’s tactics are working so far. It’s like an away European performance which will stand Villa in good stead for the return leg against Lille who aren’t as good as Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Are the commentators reluctant to praise us? Or am I very sensitive?

Praise? Havent even mentioned us

First 15 minutes I swear not a word was uttered that didn't reference arsenal

A casual watching that game wouldn't have known what formation or personnel villa were playing.

We are the forth place team in this country FFS no respect 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They've been the "better side" by some distance.  But that's expected.

They've a practically fully first team squad versus our cobbled together side missing a shitload of starters long term. What the Don is doing is remarkable.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Does Arteta ever stop complaining? 

He’s been crying on the sideline every time we have a throw in. 

He also needs a refresher course on where the technical area boundary is. A couple of times I thought he was going to tackle Zaniolo himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

They've a practically fully firt squad versus our cobbled together side missing a shitload of starters long term. What the Don is doing is remarkable.

I agree...

...but you specifically commented on an "Arsenal wank fest" on Sky.  They've largely been the side worth discussing.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I don't actually want to see Saka injured.

I would like to stop seeing him pretend to be injured however.

Up there with Fernandes for me in my most disliked Premier League players.  Seems like a nice kid, and is a good player... but, wow.  Really don't like him :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Praise? Havent even mentioned us

First 15 minutes I swear not a word was uttered that didn't reference arsenal

A casual watching that game wouldn't have known what formation or personnel villa were playing.

We are the forth place team in this country FFS no respect 

TBF they are playing to go top and for the title. 

We are fighting for either fourth or fifth, and they have mentioned that a few times.