Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

The most horrendous game of the season under any circumstances and has been since before they started cheating. 

With half the team out, we need to be conscious of goal difference as it could be worth an extra point come May. 

With the team we are likely going to put out anything under a 3 goal defeat and no more injuries or suspensions would do. 

The Brentford game is crucial.

Anyway, 3-1 to the cheats.

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Pau      Digne

Tielemans     Luiz              

Bailey                           Zaniolo

Diaby       Duran            

Subs:  Olsen, KKH, Moreno, Lenglet, Iroegbunam, Chambers, Rogers, Ramsey, Watkins

I don’t buy this free hit nonsense, so let’s give a good account of ourselves and show we’re a top four team for a reason.  A spirited 1-1 draw UTV

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

Screw it, let’s go have some fun. Like it or not, deep in their heart, their fan wonders if Villa have figured something out. 

Plurals (or the lack thereof) are not typos 

This was the team when we beat them at VP in December.

Emi

Konsa  Carlos Pau   Digne

McGinn Kamara Luiz Youri

Bailey Watkins

(I actually can't remember if Youri and Bailey were switching position.)

So we are missing the right side of midfield. Of course it's a different game, they are at home and crucially, Rodri and KDB are available to them. How do replace McGinn & Kamara? Or do we use different tactics? 

I’d go 4-5-1 with Rogers and Zaniolo starting with one of them on Rodri. 

if only one of them starts then put Diaby on the left as Walker might not be playing and Either Of the two big guys in the 10 role with the brief of roughing Rodri up. 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

How do replace McGinn & Kamara? 

We can't and they will totally overrun us in midfield as a consequence.

There's that, and the fact that if we do manage to get the ball into dangerous areas there will be no Watkins. 

I'd love to win this fixture more than any other as I hate the b******, but without McGinn, Kamara and Watkins plus them having Rodri and KDB back, I cannot possibly see a way to nick a point. 

This is a game we just need to get out of the way with minimum damage.

I can see us getting something at Arsenal, but not here.  They will be out for revenge and they will get it. 

Just hope it's not a proper tonking.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1