Guess Who (gets sold)

Don_Simon

Guess Who (gets sold).  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Summer Sales. If a good bid, relative to the players with to Villa comes in, who do you sell?

• Martinez
    • Torres
    • Watkins
    • McGinn
    • Ramsey
    • Luiz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 18:02

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is that realistic though given the losses? We are trying to safeguard not just next season but the one after that.

Newcastle made CL and they still had to sell Saint Maximn to Saudi land for about 25m to balance things up with FFP, if we sold all our unwanted squad players I doubt we'd reach 25m so likely to be one big hitter you suspect.

Given the January spending I would guess that the losses are controlled and within the allowed numbers

If we've gone out and bought kids from the championship, the Serbian league and arsenal's reserves and the result is we need to sell Douglas Luiz to balance the books then the world has gone mad 

• Like 2

Luiz for me. Whilst he is been class this season and brings so much to the team I think there are other midfielders that can be brought to be developed into that role.  Ramsey is a no for me, I think his skill set is so rare. Yes he’s been injured a lot this season but when fit and firing there are very few people who drive forward the way he does. He can take the ball 20/30 yrds up the pitch 

Martinez, Konsa, Torres, Kamara, Luiz and Watkins. That’s our spine. We need to keep them all at all costs in my opinion. If Bailey keeps up this form, he could go in there too. We have plenty of other saleable players who could bring in good money without damaging us the way selling from the list above would. People rave about the Man City squad but they weren’t the same without de Bruyne and Haaland. Any team will struggle without its best players. Luiz and Watkins are that for us in my opinion. It’s extremely difficult to replace that core without being weakened. 

20 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Archer to Leicester

I am assuming here there is a theory doing the rounds that if they get relegated we will buy him back and sell him again?

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Should go in the bin with ‘How long will Emery stay’ thread…

I love this!

Emery stays. We sell no players and we bring in even more incredible players to fuel the Champions League Winners push.

Your version of reality is so much more fun than mine.

• Like 1

Said this in the FFP thread: don't invent scenarios that don't exist to get mad or upset about. We are within the rules despite the losses. Progress is slow, but it's happening.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

Knock on to that is whether is going to pay anywhere near what he is worth after a pretty poor season. 

Exactly we would be lucky to get 50m and that isn’t a big enough sale.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is that realistic though given the losses? We are trying to safeguard not just next season but the one after that.

Newcastle made CL and they still had to sell Saint Maximn to Saudi land for about 25m to balance things up with FFP, if we sold all our unwanted squad players I doubt we'd reach 25m so likely to be one big hitter you suspect.

It isn’t about generating money from the fringe players as it is lowering wages for future PSR rules and not making losses on their current book value for FFP.

the big sale allows the ffp room to spend 

Out of those selected  I'd go Luiz but inreally don't want any. 

Getting the fringe lot off the books has to be the priority first though

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Should go in the bin with ‘How long will Emery stay’ thread…

How about a combined ‘super thread’ ?

How long Emery will last,  which player will be sold and when will the owners get bored and stop spending money and how many points will we get deducted for overspending and breaking PSR rules 
Along the lines of

Option 1 
1 year, Luiz , six months and auto relegation 

etc 

• Haha 1

We aren't looking to sell any of our major players unless they demand to leave, you can take that to the bank, this is why out of all of them Ramsey leaving is actually probably the least likely, but we aren't looking to sell any of them.

Not sure why people are obssesed with such a negative subject as selling our best players anyway, we're currently having our best season in years, maybe decades, it could potentially be our best season since we won the European Cup, but threads like this you would think we were back in the days of Xia, we have to sell to buy, but that's not the same as having to sell our very best players

Â