Guess Who (gets sold)

Don_Simon

Guess Who (gets sold).  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Summer Sales. If a good bid, relative to the players with to Villa comes in, who do you sell?

• Martinez
    • Torres
    • Watkins
    • McGinn
    • Ramsey
    • Luiz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 18:02

Don’t think Martinez will leave

Emery won’t let Torres go because he’s the player that Emery wants to be build around.  If Torres was sold I’d be worried Emery would be leaving.

Watkins we’d be bonkers to sell because the lack of alternatives in a sellers market for that position.

McGinn will be close to 30 by then so wouldn’t get value from sale

Luiz, is too expensive to most teams and Emery focuses so much on him, I think he’s integral to his plans

So JJ for me, he’s young, all profit, would be desired by many teams so a bidding war could happen without it needing to be a Luiz level fee and if we lost him it would be a big loss but it wouldn’t be so detrimental to the team that would take us two steps back.  

Hope it doesn’t happen and we can just sell fringe players but given the discussion that’s my thoughts.

• Like 3

If I were forced to choose from any of those, it's Martinez or Luiz. ( Not to PL teams either )

I refuse to sell McGinn, JJ, or Ollie ( As if I have any say in the matter 😂 )

I actually feel Gauci has potential to be a star.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Luiz even if it is at a 'discount' 70M price.

Luiz has been incredible at not discussed enough is his Watkins-like availability with his injuries.

But - there are a score of #8's who can probably bring 75% of what Luiz can do and maybe develop even more.

Emi and Watkins are complete non-starters for me because replacing either of them would be a miserable experience.

JJ is a close second but I do think his unique skill set is crucial to how Unai wants to play. There are a smaller list of players with JJ's skill set. It's been no surprise that we have looked remarkably more effective with him in the side. 

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I were forced to choose from any of those, it's Martinez or Luiz. ( Not to PL teams either )

Jeez,  Martinez and Luiz are the very last two I would sell.   So many teams struggle to get a quality keeper and struggle for years/decades and replace goalie after goalie paying fortunes…we have one of the best in the world.  Look how many years it’s been since we had a decent keeper.  Get a world class keeper and you’ve won half the battle…no chance he would be even on this list imo.  Gauci is a total unknown at this level to even offer that he could be a potential star.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has to be JJ. We proved this season we can do without him 

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

Has to be JJ. We proved this season we can do without him 

Knock on to that is whether is going to pay anywhere near what he is worth after a pretty poor season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah but I’m convinced we would have had more points on the board if he’d never had that injury. He brings something unique to the side. 

This is one of my favourite ever squads, I want them all to stay. 

The whole point of this thread is to choose one. He would be the smallest loss to us of the people listed here.

Out of players listed above, Ramsey would be the one but I’m hoping it doesn’t happen.

Actually surprised Konsa doesn’t get a mention? Bought for a relatively small fee but potentially large return if sold.  Again, I wouldn’t welcome it though. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Out of players listed above, Ramsey would be the one but I’m hoping it doesn’t happen.

Actually surprised Konsa doesn’t get a mention? Bought for a relatively small fee but potentially large return if sold.  Again, I wouldn’t welcome it though. 

Konsa? No way!

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Konsa? No way!

As I said, it wouldn’t be welcome but it would provide a large return.  Again, I hope we don’t have to sell a big ticket player.

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even on the brink of CL villa fans can't just be happy and positive 😂

Wheres the option for aboalutely **** none of them 

Is that realistic though given the losses? We are trying to safeguard not just next season but the one after that.

Newcastle made CL and they still had to sell Saint Maximn to Saudi land for about 25m to balance things up with FFP, if we sold all our unwanted squad players I doubt we'd reach 25m so likely to be one big hitter you suspect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â