Kingman

11 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The legend that is Ian Taylor enjoying himself in Amsterdam...

With our own legend that is @drat01!!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

In a weird way I don't want us to put the tie to bed tonight.  I want Villa Park to be absolutely bouncing next week.  

Selfishly I agree, I’m going so id love to see us win it at home and would be a shame to be a dead rubber if we win 5-0 tonight…  but yeah to be honest I would be thrilled either way!

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Selfishly I agree, I’m going so id love to see us win it at home and would be a shame to be a dead rubber if we win 5-0 tonight…  but yeah to be honest I would be thrilled either way!

Yeah, why should all those Villans in Amsterdam (who I'm definitely not insanely jealous of) have all the fun?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

@TRO that tall bloke in the middle could do a stint as DM

too small.

• Haha 1

McGinn, Diaby and Zaniolo are all 1 yellow card away from suspension.

Rensch, Hato and Brobbey for Ajax are also 1 yellow card away from missing the second leg.

Albanian ref tonight. He did the Molde-Legia game from the last round but this is definitely the biggest game he will have done.

I really want us to win this tournament. Emery deserves to have a trophy lifted in front of the villa fans.

I'd be going full strength tonight.  Subs made early to rest players for Sunday,  but get on the front foot. Show all the players that we're now taking knock out rounds seriously and banish some of the complacency we've had in the earlier rounds.

55 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely think it will be a much harder game/tie than some are expecting

It’s going to be really tough I think. I would take a draw tbh, and then wait for the VP effect in the second leg. 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely think it will be a much harder game/tie than some are expecting

I think tonight has every danger of showing that we arguably have better players and we're a better team but ultimately we have very little european experience and we're a bit naïve to it all at times 

if we go full strength then bar games for us this season its only really Pau, Bailey and Tielemans who have played in europe and even then its not much, we'll play a starting 11 with around 100 european games experience before this season - for comparison henderson has 74 alone, Ajax as a team will know what its all about more than we will

will be interesting to see how much of a leveler it is

42 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He absolutely needs a night off if he’s going to keep playing the Kamara role, as he can’t help himself at times and reverts to his primary position. So he’s running a ton and being gassed at Luton was one of many reasons we got shaky. 

1 hour ago, 479Villan said:

He absolutely needs a night off if he’s going to keep playing the Kamara role, as he can’t help himself at times and reverts to his primary position. So he’s running a ton and being gassed at Luton was one of many reasons we got shaky. 

Tim’s time to shine tonight then.

• Like 1