Kingman

9 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I doubt they’ll risk Pau considering he missed Luton and will be pleasantly surprised if Jacob is fit enough. 

Question is do you play Lenglet and Chambers or maybe Konsa and Pau play a half each if they are fit enough. 

If Ramsey isn’t fit enough then you play Watkins and Bailey for a half each.

Chambers isn't in our ECL squad anymore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

That said.....its a romantic fixture and my heart says....go full strength and try to spank them. 

I'd be very surprised if we didn't play a full strength team.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've scored 20 goals in cup competitions so far this season - is that a record does anyone know?

And if it's not a record, how many more would we need?

40 - 1886-87 - FAC

37 - 1960-61 - FAC & LC

31 - 1985-86 - FAC & LC

31 - 1981-82 - FAC & LC & Europe & Charity Shield

31 - 1974-75 - FAC & LC

30 - 2009-10 - FAC & LC & Europe

29 - 1976-77 - FAC & LC

27 - 1988-89 - FAC & LC & Simod

27 - 1962-63 - FAC & LC

24 - 2008-09 - FAC & LC & Europe

24 - 1999-00 - FAC & LC

24 - 1995-96 - FAC & LC

24 - 1989-90 - FAC & LC & Zenith Data

24 - 1964-65 - FAC & LC

23 - 2023-24 - FAC & LC & Europe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've scored 20 goals in cup competitions so far this season - is that a record does anyone know?

And if it's not a record, how many more would we need?

Individual comps I have:

40 - 1886-87 - FAC

29 - 1960-61 - LC

25 - 1985-86 - LC

23 - 1962-63 - LC

22 - 1974-75 - LC

21 - 1976-77 - LC

20 - 1912-13 - FAC

20 - 2019-20 - LC

20 - 2023-24 - UECL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing a lot of predicted lineups with Digne starting.  Doesn't it make more sense to play Moreno in this game and then Digne for Spurs?

• Like 3

Assuming JJ is out I think we will go with:

Emi

Cash Konsa Lenglet Moreno

McGinn Luiz Tielemans

Bailey Watkins Rodgers

I have a feeling we might see Tim in centre mid in place of Youri. 

I think we will see some players getting a rest in the second half with an eye on spurs. I’d expect to see Luiz, Ollie (especially if Duran has 20mins in him), Bailey, Konsa off in the second half. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

I'd be very surprised if we didn't play a full strength team.

im not 100% sure what full strength is, i full expect us to play 11 of the 14/15 that typically play though.

My guess is we will see Pau but not Konsa (given he was a late decision to play at the weekend, 2 game in 6 days for Konsa would be a surprise).

I dont think we'll see Ramsey if he hobbled off. I think we might see Tim in his place with Mcginn playing off the left or Diaby. 

I think we'll see Digne.

6 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Individual comps I have:

40 - 1886-87 - FAC

6 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

40 - 1886-87 - FAC

Starting with a 13-0 win and then having three replays with Wolves feels like cheating :)

With potentially seven more games to go, we'll have to go some to beat that, but there's the possibility of a bit more progress up the list at least.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Starting with a 13-0 win and then having three replays with Wolves feels like cheating :)

With potentially seven more games to go, we'll have to go some to beat that, but there's the possibility of a bit more progress up the list at least.

Our captain was a proud Scotsman back then too… maybe SJMG will channel his inner Archie Hunter

• Like 4

Need to give this a right good go in the first leg, regardless of Spurs at the weekend. It isn't a great Ajax side but they will have a full house and be up for it. 

I am hopeful that by actually playing one of the bigger sides it may help us as it could be a more of an open game and chance to go on the counter.

Plus the short distance to Amsterdam will make it more like a standard away game for the players, when compared to going to a eastern European country with 2-3 hours of more flying and perhaps an extra hour time difference.

Its going to be a low impact game if Emery has anything to do with it. Keep it tight, squeeze up and use the transition to get in behind them. Even with their strongest team out it isnt as good as Alkmaars currently . 

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think your first touch could still be with your hand then too?

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

I think I'd go for 

Martinez 

Cash 

Konsa 

Lenglet 

Digne 

Diaby

Iroegbunam 

Mcginn 

Tielemans 

Rogers

Watkins 

Rogers starting is interesting, he'll have had more time to get used to his off the ball duties. That's not a bad shout, give Luiz a rest for Spurs, give Pau time to be 100% for Spurs, Bailey too. If that side clicked ok we should have enough. Great experience for Tim and Rogers too. 

Ajax won’t be anything near a pushover, they’ve improved lately and at home will be a big test for us. We need a near full strength team to stand a chance of winning, with one or two rotations at most. We’ve seen us struggle away in Europe but I do think that Ajax will have a go at us which can play into our hands. Can’t see them Mostar’ing us with a super low block. 

The name Ajax, and the Johan Cruyff Arena, should have our players buzzing for this. It’s nights like these that playing in Europe is all about. Hoping for a steady win but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster. I do think we will win though. A performance like AZ away would be amazing, then sub some players off for a rest. 

• Like 1