3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Awoniyi is what we hoped Wesley would be

Forest fans are worried he wont make the game and he hasnt been in any of the training pics.

Buzzing for a 3 o'clock Saturday home game. Really excited for this. Forest don't offend me, I hope they stay up, but obviously want us to give them a good hiding today. I think the key is us scoring early. You'd think they'll be looking to sit deep and hit us on the break, we struggle with breaking that low block, especially later on in games. If we score first they'll have to play on the front foot more, which will suit us I think. Don't want it to be 0-0 after an hour, and we definitely don't want to be chasing an equaliser, they have the pace to exploit us. 

26 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Morning Villans. Not a cloud in the sky and a 3pm kick off

Nice full English, put a few bets on then on the piss ma lord

The City Is Ours 

If Carlsberg made mornings...

Have a sweet one brohammed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

...or any goal

They do seem to score pretty much every week… even their losses they’ve sometimes scored twice. I think they’ll score but that we’ll get 3 or more today. Bailey, Ollie x2.

A general question really...how many times have we conceded due to a direct error in the high line? 

I can think of the AZ goal at home, maybe a couple in the Newcastle away game?

Our biggest errors seem to come from set prices or CMs dropping too deep on the first chase back and letting someone meet the ball on the edge of the box imo.

26 minutes ago, May-Z said:

A general question really...how many times have we conceded due to a direct error in the high line? 

I can think of the AZ goal at home, maybe a couple in the Newcastle away game?

Our biggest errors seem to come from set prices or CMs dropping too deep on the first chase back and letting someone meet the ball on the edge of the box imo.

they are very dangerous on the break and in transition due to the pace/power they have etc, especially as Nuno is the low block/quixk break king, he did it with great success at Wolves.

On 23/02/2024 at 08:32, Nigel said:

Not for me, they are a half decent team. 

We may well win but it won't be easy.

Can see it being a 3-2 type win for us, 2-0 up and then they pull a goal back etc. Forest had plenty of 3-2 defeats this season.

Similar to Burnley at home which should've been an "easy" win but was anything but that.

A front 3 of Elanga-Awoniyi-Hudson Odoi with Gibbs White as attacking midfielder will cause us issues though. Forest's problem is they've rarely had those four all fit at the same time. 

Perhaps Nuno will leave one of the wide players out and go a back 5 though.

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

...or any goal

Obviously ideal, but their attack is the their strength and our defence is our weakness, so it is likely they will score. This game will have goals in it. Score first and we should win. 

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

Awoniyi in for them. Would be good for someone to rough him up a bit the first five minutes while refs are still reluctant to get a card out. 

Against us? Reluctant???

spacer.png

• Like 1