2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think this will be harder than plenty think.

It's Nuno and so he'll low block us to death given our general results v Wolves when he was there. And they have a quick front three of Elanga-Awoniyi-Hudson Odoi.

I think we'll just edge it 3-2.

I agree. We can't afford to be complacent that's for sure. They've beaten us once already, and they went to St James Park not that long ago and turned them over, which is no mean feat. 

They have pace up top which could hurt us, BUT, at home, I'd like to think we will have too much for them. 3-2 or 4-2 wouldn't surprise me. 

Same team. 

Edited by WakefieldVillan

I feel like I could say this for every game from now until the end of the season (and rightly so), but a win would be huge here.

Spurs don't play next weekend (game v Chelsea away postponed, so even then it's not an easy game being a derby and all). Win this and we open up a 5 point gap and put more pressure on them.

• Like 2

Great opportunity to snap this annoying home losing streak. We seem to be emerging from the malaise we've been in. Today's win was so important. They'll all be important, but the focus should be Forest and continuing to improve as a unit.

Ollie looks like he's finding a nice new groove. It'd be nice if Diaby could do the same. We need our record signing speed demon to step it up. Ramsey is looking good but needs to find his shooting boots. We need more goals, because we're going to concede more goals with Konsa and Kamara out. Lenglet isn't optimal, but I think I prefer him to Carlos. Getting Torres back the week after Kamara's knee explosion really eases some of the injury anxiety. 

We've got a lot of games ahead in the league, and we are right in the hunt. It wouldn't shock me in the least if Luton beat Man Utd. 

It'll be interesting to see how Emery decides to approach the ECL games. My hope is our core starters aren't all playing 90 minutes or even 70 minutes. The Premier League needs to be the primary focus, IMO, starting with Forest.

I think we win this one, 3-0.

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think this will be harder than plenty think.

It's Nuno and so he'll low block us to death given our general results v Wolves when he was there. And they have a quick front three of Elanga-Awoniyi-Hudson Odoi.

I think we'll just edge it 3-2.

Agreed. People said the same about Sheff Utd and look what happened.

I'll take a win however. Cheating, deflections, own goals don't care.

Will be a hard game, they are getting better.

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agreed. People said the same about Sheff Utd and look what happened.

I'll take a win however. Cheating, deflections, own goals don't care.

Will be a hard game, they are getting better.

So we’re gonna get screwed by the ref and VAR again? 

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Tough game yeah! They have pace and power up top to hurt us. We must control the ball. 

We have Pau 😉

Edited by duke313

Predicting another 2-1 win.  We won't keep a clean sheet with the defence the way it is, but should keep up our goal scoring form with Bailey and Watkins on fire and Pau in to start our moves from the back. 

Overdue a home win, but let's hope the team start the game with a bit of intestlity to get the fans onside. Could be getting very quiet if we start slowly against supposedly poor opposition.

• Like 1

Wonder whether this new system we have been forced into will be able to negate the low block a bit better?

We certainly wont be as easy to plan for.