Forest wont play a low block under nuno unlike cooper last time.

They will play expansive and will try to get in  behind us and they have the players to do that.

It is not an easy game at all but i hope with the holte end buzzing we can overcome them

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

So excited, I’m taking my son for his first ever visit to Villa Park… I can’t wait!!  He’s got his little replica kit out already bless him. He’s not quite 6 so I fully expect him to be bored within the first ten mins, but it’ll be worth it as long as he enjoys the chips and burger :) 

Very similar age to when I took my boys down for the first time, aged six and eight. They got bored very quickly and we had to leave 15 minutes before the end. The good news is they are now both season ticket holders and  mad Villans so bear with it will all come good👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Forest wont play a low block under nuno unlike cooper last time.

They will play expansive and will try to get in  behind us and they have the players to do that.

It is not an easy game at all but i hope with the holte end buzzing we can overcome them

Doubt they'll suddenly come on all Brazil 82 vintage on us, they'll be playing on the counter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Forest wont play a low block under nuno unlike cooper last time

Nuno has a reputation as one of the most defensive managers in the game - his successful Wolves side was based on the low block , on holding deep possession, keeping a solid base of players behind the ball and breaking with it - one of the reasons he was unpopular at Spurs was the defensive nature of the football he played - Cooper at Forest I think was a bit more expansive.

Nuno is king of the low block.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Very similar age to when I took my boys down for the first time, aged six and eight. They got bored very quickly and we had to leave 15 minutes before the end. The good news is they are now both season ticket holders and  mad Villans so bear with it will all come good👍

Thanks bud. I’m taking my phone so if all else fails he can watch Shaun the Sheep for a bit! But we’re going with his older cousin so hopefully that will help keep him occupied.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

So excited, I’m taking my son for his first ever visit to Villa Park… I can’t wait!!  He’s got his little replica kit out already bless him. He’s not quite 6 so I fully expect him to be bored within the first ten mins, but it’ll be worth it as long as he enjoys the chips and burger :) 

My first game was a 3-1 win v forest in Nov 81/82. Always liked Forest

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nuno has a reputation as one of the most defensive managers in the game - his successful Wolves side was based on the low block , on holding deep possession, keeping a solid base of players behind the ball and breaking with it - one of the reasons he was unpopular at Spurs was the defensive nature of the football he played - Cooper at Forest I think was a bit more expansive.

Nuno is king of the low block.

Yes, it’s likely to be the low blocks to end all low blocks. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

At local in Auckland in my Villa top with several Forest fans. It's a sign. 

only 7 hours of drinking to go, better get a couple in at once 

• Haha 3

First time going to Villa Park for me in a few years. Full disclosure, I was a season ticket holder between MON to Bruce and stopped my ST the season Smith got appointed. 

Most of the football I've seen at VP has been utter dross so if today goes badly, sorry! 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Same age as my lad was for his first game. Hope he has a brilliant day, fingers crossed the lads will put in the kind of performance to make him want to keep coming back!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Same age as my lad was for his first game. Hope he has a brilliant day, fingers crossed the lads will put in the kind of performance to make him want to keep coming back!

Ah thanks mate!