Pin the match report from the first game against these lot on the dressing room wall.

That should do the trick.

25 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

What was said?

No idea ;)

But I'd hazard a guess we were universally panned for being utter tripe.

• Haha 2

Just reading their LTLF forum match thread. Apart from their delusional theory about our high line getting ripped apart, the impolite descration of the Villa crest and their general half wittedness, its an entertaining read........now lets tear the scab b**tards a new one....

Edited by Dillon66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Just reading their LTLF forum match thread. Apart from their delusional theory about our high line getting ripped apart, the impolite descration of the Villa crest and their general half wittedness, its an entertaining read........now lets tear the scab b**tards a new one....

They are delusional muppets on there and I generally quite like Forest as a club. Someone should tell them that they're 16th in the table and battling relegation and at risk of a points deduction, you'd think they were top of the league reading that! Must be some strong stuff they're smoking in Nottingham. Clearly beating West Ham who had just lost 6-0 at home to Arsenal has given them lots of confidence. I know we've been crap at home recently but we've still won 9 of 12 and are very capable of dishing out a drumming. Last four games in the league have been rubbish but we didn't have Pau Torres for those games, he makes a big difference. 

I do think we need to watch the high line though as their wide players are quick, whilst Gibbs White and Sangare in the midfield are decent players. Awoniyi is a bit of a handful and has a decent goals return since they signed him (would be good backup for Ollie if we wanted a striker). They signed Reyna too on loan who I wanted us to go for, interested to see if he gets on the pitch. 

Same team as last game with the only possible change Digne in for Moreno. We will dominate possession but we have to watch them on the counter, they will try to run in behind every time. I think we'll score at least a couple so it's just a case of making sure we defend properly on the counter, Forest can cause problems if we underestimate them. I'd like to see Diaby, Zaniolo and Iroegbunam get more minutes off the bench for this one.

........................Martinez.........................

Cash....Lenglet....Pau....Digne/Moreno

................Luiz............McGinn...............

Bailey............Tielemans..........Ramsey

........................Watkins.........................

• Like 1

This is ours. Would like to see Diaby given a start on LW. I think he could cause real trouble for Forest there. They wouldn't be ready for it. I do think we need to be a little more willing to take very measured and plausible risks like this. Diaby has proven he's positionally versatile and his right foot can be dangerous. Forest are expecting Bailey to be a handful, but with Watkins AND Diaby, we have a better chance of overrunning them in a manner similar to Almiron, Isak, Gordon. Ramsey has been off, and Zanny too slow. Full disclosure: I like to see the Leon-Moussa partnership in action when it works. I feel confidence in them when they're together and given some flexibility. 

Cash......Lenglet.........Pau...........Digne

Bailey............Tielemans..............Diaby

3-1 W

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This is ours. Would like to see Diaby given a start on LW. I think he could cause real trouble for Forest there. They wouldn't be ready for it. I do think we need to be a little more willing to take very measured and plausible risks like this. Diaby has proven he's positionally versatile and his right foot can be dangerous. Forest are expecting Bailey to be a handful, but with Watkins AND Diaby, we have a better chance of overrunning them in a manner similar to Almiron, Isak, Gordon. Ramsey has been off, and Zanny too slow. Full disclosure: I like to see the Leon-Moussa partnership in action when it works. I feel confidence in them when they're together and given some flexibility. 

Cash......Lenglet.........Pau...........Digne

Bailey............Tielemans..............Diaby

3-1 W

It's a great idea and at home against a struggling team I think we would absolutely destroy them.

• Like 1

Feels like this is likely to be one of those really frustrating games unless we can get an early goal, settle things down and make them have to come at us. Want to see a really aggressive start from us.