22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Obviously ideal, but their attack is the their strength and our defence is our weakness, so it is likely they will score. This game will have goals in it. Score first and we should win. 

We have the fourth best defensive record in the premier league* so let’s not talk ourselves down too much.

(*4th= actually - Everton have conceded the same as us but we have scored nearly twice as many goals 🙂

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

We have the fourth best defensive record in the premier league* so let’s not talk ourselves down too much.

(*4th= actually - Everton have conceded the same as us but we have scored nearly twice as many goals 🙂

Reminder alert 📣

This is VillaTalk 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Gauci ahead of Olsen? Does that mean he is number 2.

I think its just in numerical order and olsen has a higher squad number 

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

First time going to Villa Park for me in a few years. Full disclosure, I was a season ticket holder between MON to Bruce and stopped my ST the season Smith got appointed. 

Most of the football I've seen at VP has been utter dross so if today goes badly, sorry! 

This is one of the saddest posts I’ve ever read 😁... you deserve a good day 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

they are very dangerous on the break and in transition due to the pace/power they have etc, especially as Nuno is the low block/quixk break king, he did it with great success at Wolves.

I don't disagree...but I would say that other teams have those qualities as well and we've never really been overrun multiple times in those games. 

They got some quick wide players. No doubt their game plan will be the long ball out wide and try to beat the offside trap. Hopefully we'll be as good as usual at positioning and defensive lines. Should have plenty of offensive options to trouble them.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Team almost picks itself which is always worrying. Especially with extra games coming up.

Hopefully no more injuries and some players returning soon. 

3-1 win today.

I mean in the sense that Emi, Pau, Luiz, Mcginn, Bailey and Watkins should start pretty much every game they can - obviously rotation would be nice. 

But like we still have Rogers, Diaby, Zaniolo. Digne is now back and can rotate with moreno. In 2-3 weeks konsa and Carlos will be back so we won't have to start cash. 

Our biggest issues are Kamara and Durans injuries leaving us very thin in Defensive midfield and upfront but Rogers/Zaniolo can have a go as the 9 and Iroegbunam has looked solid when he's been given the opportunity.