Match Thread: Fulham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

I don't think anyone can say they understand/know what is or isn't offside these days...

and that includes the officials!!!!

If it's Villa it is normally offside. Simples! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

They've drawn the line on Moreno which is correct. You can see the little dotted line going down from his back.

still looks on to me.  But we've certainly seen worse calls.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not televised and no online or MW radio means I'm having to sit in the car on my own drive to listen to this game - stupid country.

Get one of these:

spacer.png

Internet/FM/DAB, can also use Spotify with it and put USB drive in the back

• Like 1

If the price of wafer thin offside decisions is the VAR circus we endure now, then **** it, I’ll take the refs on field decision every time, warts and all. It’s killing the game as a spectacle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was on the broadcast, but the quality of the image on the platform formerly known as Twitter is dire.

No it wasn’t. I’m watching it and the still on Twitter was exactly as it was on tv and how they ruled it offside. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes because the man closest to moreno is marking Bailey. Bailey being offside is occupying ream which makes it offside. 

That's the correct decision but they don't make that decision consistently. 

Actually, that's not the correct decision.  Referee instruction says that if a defender choosed to mark a player that is offside, that is bad choice and it does not constitute participation in the play, by the attacker in an offside position.  i think it was the wrong call, but it was so stinking close i can live with human error as a reality and move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

They never make that decision, its always the last defender, doesn't matter where that defender it. And it's always been the player who scores, their just making it up to make sure they don't go against the new ref

I agree they never make that decision but it is the correct decision. The error is when they don't make that decision not when they do.