Pre-match thread

wedge

We haven’t played much football in recent weeks and today saw good rotation. Go full strength with 3-4 subs throughout the game to get ready for Man Utd. Hope Villa park is loud and up for it as it could make all the difference. Think we win this. 

I would start the same eleven that started against Sheffield. Got to go for it at full strength.

Rogers cup tied, so hopefully Digne, Pau or Zaniolo can make the bench.  

52 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Play same XI as v sheff utd and go strong. Real opportunity to build confidence and progress to latter stages of the cup if we get through Chelsea. 

Yes keep Bailey in for this, Gusto was terrible against the Wolves pace on the counter.

Not really sure it's a game where playing endless central midfielders will quite work unless we push McGinn out wide which we haven't really done in recent times.

I dont care who plays as long as we play fast and energetic football. Chelsea are there to be taken after 2 really poor performances. We need to keep the foot on their throat and get into them. They have zero bottle and backbone. 

• Like 4

Realistically think Konsa will be either out or rested, so I expect to see the Carlos/Lenglet partnership get an another airing and a stiff test. Often people assert that Cash playing means no Bailey, though it's hard to leave him out when he seems by far the most potent threat other than Watkins. Maybe Ramsey plays instead of Tielemans and McGinn goes to the right?

17 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Poch is on borrowed time so he has no reason not to go full strength here. we have to do likewise

Came here to post legit chance to sack another manager. If we win comfortably he could be gone