Pre-match thread

wedge

33 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Really hope the fans that can make it tonight are loud. We were flat against Newcastle - can make a huge difference! Emery in his press conference and social media comms have all made a point about fans bringing the atmosphere!

That's a two - way road. The players need to be fully pumped from that whistle blows, and the fans will reciprocate. Once the fans see desire and effort, then they become vocal and we all know how inspiring a Villa Park at full volume can be.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

That's a two - way road. The players need to be fully pumped from that whistle blows, and the fans will reciprocate. Once the fans see desire and effort, then they become vocal and we all know how inspiring a Villa Park at full volume can be.

Absolutely! Players need to give them something to get behind. Chelsea will bring numbers so hopefully we don’t just hear the away fans drowning us out!

Wish I was there tonight - not the easiest to get to from South Devon!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Cash at RB and Carlos and Lenglet at CB?

What's the worst that can happen...

Fans are flat because they think the defence is shit, when really (hopefully) they should be getting behind then because they are best we can field tonight and deserve to be fully backed. They are also all international players.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Priorities in order

1. No Injuries

2. No Extra Time

3. Winning

As a side to that as it hadn't crossed my mind... When will they knock extra time on the head? I **** hate it, rewards bigger squads and fitter players not actual footballing merits, just go straight to pens

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Priorities in order

1. No Injuries

2. No Extra Time

3. Winning

Why not just forfeit if you are more concerned with not getting injured?

Main priority: Winning a trophy for the first time in my life supporting this club..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Why not just forfeit if you are more concerned with not getting injured?

Main priority: Winning a trophy for the first time in my life supporting this club..

Priorities in order

1. Finish in top 4

2. Finish in top 5

3. Win ECL (gain UEFA co-efficient points to help seeding and boost chances 5th place get CL spot)

4. Win FA Cup

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Priorities in order

1. Finish in top 4

2. Finish in top 5

3. Win ECL (gain UEFA co-efficient points to help seeding and boost chances 5th place get CL spot)

4. Win FA Cup

where's avoid relegation?

oh hang on...........😉😀

seriously though, I have to agree with that list

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Priorities in order

1. No Injuries

2. No Extra Time

3. Winning

Winning is important but we definitely can’t afford many more injuries. Thankfully it’s not a choice between these three, we can achieve them all. 

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Winning is important but we definitely can’t afford many more injuries. Thankfully it’s not a choice between these three, we can achieve them all. 

Exactly, we can do all 3. Win 3-0 in normal and no injuries.