Pre-match thread

wedge

Just watched Unai's press conference.  Bad news on Konsa, but his response to the stupid "if you had a magic wand" question was absolutely brilliant.  In a 4 minute response he essentially told the reporter to shut the f up.  Love it Unai! 😁  

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

Just watched Unai's press conference.  Bad news on Konsa, but his response to the stupid "if you had a magic wand" question was absolutely brilliant.  In a 4 minute response he essentially told the reporter to shut the f up.  Love it Unai! 😁  

Any Linkage? 

I'm predicting a win: 2-1

Dislike Chelsea for many reasons, I'll list 2: they ruined my boxing day by beating us 8-0 back in 2012 and David Platt had a fantastic overhead kick ruled out as the ref blowed his whistle for half time (I think) in the early 90's. 

Come on Villa! 

One of the few games at VP I won’t attend this season, working from home today so can start drinking earlier as no commute back from office and then can watch it on itv with a few tinnies. Shame I have to be up at 6 tommorow otherwise would have gone down, it would have been way better if this game was Tuesday night instead of Wednesday then I could have travelled back wedsnesday evening. Oh well I’m sure all at VP will have a great time and hopefully we can make it through to the next round UTV

On 06/02/2024 at 10:52, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Take advantage of the unrest Villa

I'd say Murdryk, Caiceido, Chuck, etc. are all devasted they have signed 5+ year deals on six figures a week and have guaranteed themselves tens of millions. Oh my the heartbreak. They must be crying on their butler's shoulder every night, barely able to drive their lamborgini into training in the morning.

Unpopular opinion but a loss tonight wouldn't be the worst outcome. Getting to the Conference League final (and winning it) is going to cost us in the league. Not sure if we need an FA cup run piled on top of that. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JPAngel said:

There are some rumblings about a potential sacking for Poch based on their form throughout the season so far. Let's contribute to that with a win, chaps.

Wouldn’t be the first. Mourinho got sacked after a loss at VP (unless my memory is telling lies). 

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

I would like us to show to everyone we are a force to be dealt with every game we play. That's the winning mentality we need at the club in order to progress.

Agreed, and it’s basically what Emery wants too. 

Feeling less confident now with the Konsa news, just hope Torres is fit to start against Man Utd on Sunday.

Not a great deal of options at the back, assuming it will be Martinez, Cash, Carlos, Lenglet and Moreno.

I think we will see McGinn, Luiz, Kamara and Bailey, with Diaby or Tielemans supporting Watkins.

That is still a strong side on paper, but which way it will go is anyone's guess, they have players that can hurt us on their day but obviously are nothing like the Chelsea of old.

I think both sides will need at least two to win. 

On 05/02/2024 at 18:10, Stevo985 said:

I'm really really nervous about following up the Sheff Utd result with a bad performance.

This game is as much about breeding confidence back into the team as it is about progressing in the competition.

Play a strong team and get the victory. Psychologically we need it.

Win this and beat united and we're back

Well said. Really want to win this for multiple reasons, but bringing back confidence is the main thing.

No resting, field the best possible team.

Have a good feeling about this for some odd reason.

When the pressure is on, we've typically performed our best under Unai.

Newcastle (h) last year, Spurs (h) last year, Brighton (h) last year, City (h) this year.

Now we got another big one at VP under the lights.

Edited by DJBOB

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Well said. Really want to win this for multiple reasons, but bringing back confidence is the main thing.

No resting, field the best possible team.

Yeah, kind of agree but also if we go all out at full strength tonight and regardless of result are then really flat and knackered at United, isn't that worse than some fringe players contributing to a muted performance tonight?