Pre-match thread

wedge

They're at a real low ebb and this will present a test of how far we've come: usually, teams (even individual players) not doing well find their feet against us. VP needs to be after every single one of their players from the warmup and whoever starts for us needs to come out of the blocks quickly. If we're winning at HT, the tie is over. Their confidence is shot. Time to take advantage 

Same XI as Saturday please - depending on Konsa injury news. 

Think we are in good shape for this, my only concern is our defending from corners has been a bit iffy recently

I can understand the clamour, for the same team as Saturday, and it would be difficult to resist that.....but this will be a completely different game.

The quality of opponent, must be factored in to our tactical thinking.

It will be difficult for us, to have the same level of domination, which could impact on our creativity, and goal scoring opportunities.

We must avoid, lackadaisical positioning at set pieces, and be well organised for shutting out enthusiastic runners...do that, and then impose our game.

• Like 1

Booked my ST seats for this one (Doug Ellis M5)

Still havent had tickets emailed to me. Is this right and do I just use my ST as normal?? or do I need to get in touch with the club?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

villa tickets should never go in a junk folder. !!!!!!!   HERESY !!!

This is the Villa ticketing office we're talking about. 

There's a high chance I have his tickets. 

• Haha 2

I'm really really nervous about following up the Sheff Utd result with a bad performance.

This game is as much about breeding confidence back into the team as it is about progressing in the competition.

Play a strong team and get the victory. Psychologically we need it.

Win this and beat united and we're back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm really really nervous about following up the Sheff Utd result with a bad performance.

This game is as much about breeding confidence back into the team as it is about progressing in the competition.

Yeah, I'm not too bothered about the FA cup, would rather concentrate on the League. But I guess we need to win to keep our confidence up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

rotating here might be the best way to beat United though, if we do rotate it'll be a tough game this one. 

4 hours ago, Creeper said:

Booked my ST seats for this one (Doug Ellis M5)

Still havent had tickets emailed to me. Is this right and do I just use my ST as normal?? or do I need to get in touch with the club?

I was able to add mine directly onto my season ticket card - I don't remember doing that before and I'm convinced it won't work. See you outside the M5 turnstile!

• Haha 1

Unai has typically rewarded a dominating side with another start so I would expect the same exact XI barring injuries.

It's our most balanced squad and Chelsea are there for the taking.

So then .no Konsa. 

Watkins   Bailey 

Tielemans Luiz Kamara  McGinn

Moreno Lenglet  Carlos   Cash 

Martinez

Subs .....Olsen, Iroegbunam , Ramsey Diaby Chambers

And then it will kids . Maybe Kellyman Munroe Bogarde and Wright. 

Rogers and Kesler cuptied. 

Lenglet, Carlos and Cash are three players we cannot have starting together for a sustained period if we are to have a hope of top 5. 

Here however, it seems we have no choice and hopefully, Chelsea rotate so we don't miss Konsa and Torres too much.

I'd love to progress and we owe this lot for the 2000 final as well as the 2010 semi final. 

Team picks itself really given our injuries and I don't want to be messing about playing u23 players. This is the FA Cup and a real chance to make the QF given the draw for round 5.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Lenglet, Carlos and Cash are three players we cannot have starting together for a sustained period if we are to have a hope of top 5. 

Here however, it seems we have no choice and hopefully, Chelsea rotate so we don't miss Konsa and Torres too much.

I'd love to progress and we owe this lot for the 2000 final as well as the 2010 semi final. 

Team picks itself really given our injuries and I don't want to be messing about playing u23 players. This is the FA Cup and a real chance to make the QF given the draw for round 5.

Don't think Chelsea will rotate, the cups are their only chance of doing anything this year and Pochetino is already under pressure there.

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Don't think Chelsea will rotate, the cups are their only chance of doing anything this year and Pochetino is already under pressure there.

Maybe, but they are already in one final and are only a few points off Europe in the league, with 15 games to go.

Edited by GlobalVillan