Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

18 hours ago, Nigel said:

It's not really 5 out as zaniolo and lenglet were bought in only to replace mings and emi who were probably were covered by insurance. 

They will simply swap squad places.

are Sanson and Hause still on the books?

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Prefer El Kebab to him

Racist much? What’s funny about mocking someone’s name? Although he had the last laugh with 5 goals that knocked us out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

The latter three are easy, two will be paid to leave, someone will pick up donk for 5-8m.

Coutinho will probably be another loan 

the harder ones are Carlos, Digne and cash as someone has to want them for significant fees. I think people will want them but it isn’t guaranteed 

I can't see anyone picking Donk up for a reasonable fee, he's played no football this season. His loan to Napoli was a bad move for him and us as we lost Kamara a week later.

Dendonker is on a High Wage which is why it's difficult for us to find a buyer he won't want to move for a material pay cut and we don't want to sell him and book a loss in accounts. So to buying clubs he's expensive. I think a Loan move seems more likely

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Would people consider Jordan Henderson on Loan next season as cover in CM while Kamara is out?

I'm usually pretty on board with most of your suggestions - so I'm not entirely sure whether this was a serious post or I've just walked into a tumbleweed moment of missing the joke.  But absolutely not.  I think there are many, many players who would be higher up my list of preferred options that would probably have a lower hit on FFP (in terms of the salary that JH would probably ask for).

49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Would people consider Jordan Henderson on Loan next season as cover in CM while Kamara is out?

That you Gareth? 

He's finished at PL (and international) level, legs have long gone 

55 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Only if we can boo and whistle every minute he’s on the pitch? 😂 

On 09/05/2024 at 15:24, fightoffyour said:

Yes, the man who waited 10 years fighting for a first team chance at Arsenal and then fours years at Villa playing his own way into his dream of Champions League football is suddenly going to jump ship to play for *checks notes* 7th-placed Chelsea. Good one.

spacer.png

On 09/05/2024 at 23:26, stewiek2 said:

Luis Enrique doesn't fancy playing Ugarte. I wonder if we'll go back in for him in the summer?

Great shout

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Racist much? What’s funny about mocking someone’s name? Although he had the last laugh with 5 goals that knocked us out. 

I don't know pongo's intent but neither do you. It is not automatically racist. People in VT mock alot of people's names (in a way that I don't find entertaining), they are certainly not all with racism as the root and this you are doing yourself a disservice by making that assumption.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd say together with fish puns and Kenneth GIF:s, making fun of names and giving nicknames is perhaps the most common feature on here.

As for Pongo's suggestion, I would love to have El Kebabi here, he is perhaps a late bloomer, but showed some great strength, speed, determination and seems a great finisher. At his age at 31 he would probably not be so expensive either and could be a perfect back up to Watkins. I guess he would fancy testing himself in the PL before the end of his career as well. Don't know much more about him than what I've seen against us and reading about him after that, but he sure gives good vibes.

Oh, and I also truly love kebab, having an El Kebabi in the team would be a dream, everytime I visit a new city I look up the nearest kebab-joint. After Villa, kebab could be my biggest interest. It's the perfect food. Calling El Kaabi for El Kebabi is nothing but flattering to me. Has a good sound to it as well, only second to Big Donk.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Struggling in a mid table Eredivisie team. Maybe should bring in Jordy Clasie if looking for a mid table Dutch league player with Premier League experience

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

That you Gareth? 

He's finished at PL (and international) level, legs have long gone 

World class pointing thou. He had some stellar moments against us pointing at the open empty space where he should have been but instead thought someone else should have covered. 

Jurgen Klopp questions criticism of Jordan Henderson after Liverpool  captain's return - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Hendo can **** off - So no 

PSG rumoured to be looking to loan out Xavi Simon’s again next season. A season in the Prem with us would do his career wonders. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

World class pointing thou. He had some stellar moments against us pointing at the open empty space where he should have been but instead thought someone else should have covered. 

Jurgen Klopp questions criticism of Jordan Henderson after Liverpool  captain's return - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield

Him and Ashley Westwood would make a dream team parking attendants 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would like to see us go for him when he turns 18. 

Was at the game last night and he was quality. Took a few bad tackles as well but didn't stop him performing and taking his chance when it came. Very impressive for a 16 year old.

• Like 1

Â