Match Thread: FAC3: Middlebrough v Villa

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Was it, really, there's a tiny touch from the players knee and Bailey's foot. I'm not sure that's a foul at all, and Bailey does a somersault. It's far from a refereeing howler, but even if it were, it's a nothing foul in the corner of the pitch, it's not worth a card. Get up, shut up, and keep playing.

It’s about 3 fouls. A push in the back and he’s caught his foot. I don’t blame the ref. But the assistant about 3 inches from it should be able to see that. 

I get Bailey’s reaction. He shouldn’t have done it but I get it. 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Our inability to break down a team that sits back so much is a bit of a concern.

Too slow at passing and recycling the ball for this to work. Boro are organised have far too much time.

Well that was rubbish. Yet again struggling against the low block playing at 2mph. 

Become more convinced as the game went on that this is going to end up a 1-0 Boro win. 

• Sad 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I worried this low block and teams starting to work us out, may be the unravelling of our season.

quite a few teams have done it, or done similar to us in the last few games, and it has caused us major issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I just ate pizza and chicken wings, not once did I feel the need to put my fork down to comment on the game . we are setting up to lose this

Also does coke go flat in the fridge even when its nor opened 

As flat as this game yes.

• Haha 2

The least surprising performance. 7 years of FA Cup misery, crashing out of the league cup and playing dire in all but one conference league game doesn’t exactly fill me with joy for cup ties. 

McGinn has been woeful. He's either world class or Sunday league, no in-between. 

Kamara our best player but once again, against a side happy to sit deep, it's far too slooooooow.