The "Let's Smash Rat Boy Fernandes" Match Thread

rjw63

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Utd are actually rubbish aren't they.

I don't think I'd take a point there if you offered it me. Would have before Forest and Brentford.

Back Unai to fire the team up for that game.

Would be really good to start quick away from home for once and take the lead after 20 minutes there. Then Old Trafford would get very toxic I bet based on what they're watching currently.

Bournemouth got ahead after 5 minutes and really cruised to victory.

We seem to have fallen into bad habits of continually expecting to fall behind in away games and I don't want to risk that there. Only at Chelsea this season have we actually scored the first goal in an away game so we really need to improve that sooner or later.

• Like 1

I had a weird dream about this game. We take the lead late on. But they get a penalty in injury time, surprise surprise. But Fernandes skies it into the Stretford End, and Martinez does this crazy dance! And then someone throws a bottle of mayo into the Holte End, but stacks it as they throw it. Bizarre dream.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I had a weird dream about this game. We take the lead late on. But they get a penalty in injury time, surprise surprise. But Fernandes skies it into the Stretford End, and Martinez does this crazy dance! And then someone throws a bottle of mayo into the Holte End, but stacks it as they throw it. Bizarre dream.

Interesting ground you've dreamt of there

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

You are all ends up. Also, Macunians can process neither French condiments nor words of 3 syllables, like mayonnaise.

• Like 1

It’s still United at Old Trafford. That was a tricky fixture for us when we were the best team in the world… I’d take a point if you offered me that and a win vs Burnley.

Don’t get me wrong they are dreadful but we are just the fixture they might break that run in, despite Unai’s curse breaking powers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

It’s still United at Old Trafford. That was a tricky fixture for us when we were the best team in the world… I’d take a point if you offered me that and a win vs Burnley.

Don’t get me wrong they are dreadful but we are just the fixture they might break that run in, despite Unai’s curse breaking powers.

This... was .... not any more

If torres is available i would go the following. Need mcginn in a more advanced position. He picks up great positions when he is a bit higher up. Wouldn't mind trying moreno more advanced with ramsey not looking great so far.

Martinez

Konsa         Carlos            Torres          Digne

Mcginn     Dendoncker       Luiz         Moreno

Diaby            Watkins

We should be able to play right through the spine of their team if we get our patterns and passing in sync. If we can score early, they'll collapse mentally, in which case we could put 4 or 5 past them.

McGinn needs to bounce back from a very passive performance on Friday. He'll be key. 

Not going to be an easy match and a point wouldn't be a disaster. I am always surprised if we win at Old Trafford so would be again if we won!

Saying that I think we should be able to score but as we are likely to be missing quite a few key players it will make it harder.

2-1 to United with with Hojlund to net his first United premier league goal and then a late dodgy VAR given penalty for Rat-boy!

UTV!