The "Let's Smash Rat Boy Fernandes" Match Thread

rjw63

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

But it's not Old Trafford is it. In its intimidating sense. That makes it sound like a solid game. We're playing a horribly out of form upper mid table team. They can't score goals. 

2 points from 6 v Man U and Sheff U is very under par for us. 

Like I said also, if we don't win, this'll be the first time we haven't followed up dropping points with a win. We need to stay ruthless or all of a sudden Tottenham are level with us.

thet are due goals manutd going 5 with outva goal seems unlikeky

9 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

thet are due goals manutd going 5 with outva goal seems unlikeky

They've scored the same number of Premier league goals as Luton and Burnley. They're Man United by name only at this point.

A draw isn't the end of the world, but it would be the first time for me to question whether we might not sustain close to what we've been doing. It puts masses of pressure on the Burnley game then too.

Based on the fact that we score twice as many goals as them, and we concede a similar number. I'll go 2 - 1 Villa. 

Edited by turvontour
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2023 at 20:20, CVByrne said:

The more I think about it the more I'm sure the place will be hopping and they'll have to perform. Hope we somehow get a point so they don't close the gap. 

There's question marks over whether the "new manager bounce" is a real thing, or just return to the mean. I think expecting "new 25% shareholder bounce" is excessively pessimistic tbh. I mean they could easily win, but the idea it'll all be down to a Ratcliffe bounce just seems quite unrealistic. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's question marks over whether the "new manager bounce" is a real thing, or just return to the mean. I think expecting "new 25% shareholder bounce" is excessively pessimistic tbh. I mean they could easily win, but the idea it'll all be down to a Ratcliffe bounce just seems quite unrealistic. 

Haha. Welcome to the pre match thread of Villa talk. 

We'll take a point and get out of there.

We're 16th in the league by the way.

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep. They may well turn us over 4-1 but it'll have zero to do with this shareholder stuff.

• Like 1

I never thought I would say this against this lot, but I expect us to beat them.... They can't set up like the Blades did, they will try and get at us and they will be shite at it.

We will win 2-0

Edited by Villan_of_oz