The "Let's Smash Rat Boy Fernandes" Match Thread

rjw63

im not overly keen on Donk, but seeing how unbalanced the central midfield area was versus Sheff Utd (ie: McGinn didnt look comfortable central and deep, and Luiz was also stifled a bit as he wasnt covered in the same way as when Kamara plays, so had to sit more).

I think i would play Donk as the sitter, to allow Luiz to do his thing, and that would also allow McGinn to play in the position that also allows him to do his thing, i think the midfield would look more balanced like that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im not overly keen on Donk, but seeing how unbalanced the central midfield area was versus Sheff Utd (ie: McGinn didnt look comfortable central and deep, and Luiz was also stifled a bit as he wasnt covered in the same way as when Kamara plays, so had to sit more).

I think i would play Donk as the sitter, to allow Luiz to do his thing, and that would also allow McGinn to play in the position that also allows him to do his thing, i think the midfield would look more balanced like that.

Agree with this. Really hope Torres is back today as well. Need some big performances - hate this fixture! A win would be huge, but a defeat off the back of Sheffield Utd would be a real blow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only way we don't win this will down to VAR bollocks again

I am dreading what VAR nonsense we'll have to put up with tonight. We'll get one or more of:

- Dodgy red card

- Dodgy penalty

- Goal ruled out for "offside" after a 10 minute check because of Watkins' eyelash

- Man United handball in the area not given because reasons

It’s Man Utd. It’s Old Trafford. It’s Boxing Day. All of that equals a home win. This Villa team are different for sure but I just can’t see past the history that says we lose this one. Will still have been a fantastic first half season no matter what happens.

• Like 1

Man Utd not scored for 4 games, Hojlund no goals in the Premier League, all my United supporting mates saying Villa will win - it's all pointing to a loss unfortunately although I am naturally a pessimist.

Edited by claretman